Cant install malwarebytes

suppus

I recently got an error saying Windows is not genuine and I also cant use the internet even though it says I'm connected. I can't use browsers or Steam or anything that uses the internet. I suspected I may have a virus or malware so I tried to install both Avast and Malwarebytes. However, when trying to install Malwarebytes it says: "Runtime Error (at 110:137):

Could not call proc."

And when trying to install Avast it says: "The program can't start because DNSAPI.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." But when I look in the Windows system folder I can see dnsapi.dll is in there. Does anybody have any help to give because I have been trying for a while now to fix this.

Hello and :welcome:

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button. button.

x5o4gh.png

• It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.

• The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

adwcleaner_new.png Fix with AdwCleaner

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save the file to your Desktop.

• Right-click on adwcleaner_new.png icon and select RunAsAdmin.jpg Run as Administrator to start the tool.
  • Accept the Terms of use.
  • Wait until the database is updated.
  • Click Scan.
  • When finished, please click Clean.
  • Your PC should reboot now.
  • After reboot, logfile will be opened. Copy its content into your next reply.

Note: Reports will be saved in your system partition, usually at C:\Adwcleaner

Okay, let's scan for remnants.

FRST.gif FRST search

Once again we shall use FRST for additional checks. Re-run FRST/FRST64 by double-clicking:

• Copy dnsapi.dll into the Search: field in FRST then click the Search Files button.
  • FRST will search your computer for files and when finished it will produce a log Search.txt in the same directory the tool is run.
  • Please attach it to your reply.

FRST.gif Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Please re-run Farbar Recovery Scan Tool to give me a fresh look at your system.

• Right-click on FRST.gif icon and select RunAsAdmin.jpg Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Make sure that Addition.txt option is checked. option is checked.

2873ryc.png

• Press Scan button and wait.

• The tool will produce two logfiles on your desktop: FRST.txt and Addition.txt.

Please attach report into your next reply.

Please uninstall following programs:

Advanced SystemCare 8 (HKLM-x32\...\Advanced SystemCare 8_is1) (Version: 8.2.0 - IObit)
Consumer Input Update Helper (x32 Version: 1.3.25.309 - Compete Inc.) Hidden <==== ATTENTION
IObit Uninstaller (HKLM-x32\...\IObitUninstall) (Version: 4.2.6.2 - IObit)
SearchDonkey (HKLM-x32\...\SearchDonkey) (Version: 2.5.91 - WebAppTech Coding, LLC) <==== ATTENTION
Sendori (HKLM-x32\...\Sendori) (Version: 2.0.17 - Sendori, Inc.) <==== ATTENTION
ShopAtHome.com Toolbar (HKLM-x32\...\SelectRebatesUninstall) (Version:  - ) <==== ATTENTION
Surfing Protection (HKLM-x32\...\IObit Surfing Protection_is1) (Version: 1.2 - IObit)
TidyNetwork.com (HKU\S-1-5-21-810837230-1516651483-3534386931-1000\...\TidyNetwork.com) (Version:  - TidyNetwork.com) <==== ATTENTION
Uninstall Helper (HKLM-x32\...\Uninstall Helper 2.0.1.0) (Version: 2.0.1.0 - InstallX, LLC) <==== ATTENTION
Uninstall Helper (x32 Version: 2.0.1.0 - InstallX, LLC) Hidden <==== ATTENTION

If you cannot find some of them at the moment, try to do it after FRST fix.

FRST.gif Fix with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

icon_exclaim.gif This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine. icon_exclaim.gif

icon_exclaim.gif Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable. icon_exclaim.gif

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:

Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!

• Right-click on FRST.gif icon and select RunAsAdmin.jpg Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Press the Fix button just once and wait.
  • If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
  • When finishes FRST will generate a log on the Desktop, called Fixlog.txt.

Please attach it to your reply.

51a46ae42d560-malwarebytes_anti_malware. Scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.

• Install the progam and select update.
  • Once updated, click the Settings tab, in the left panel choose Detection & Protection and tick Scan for rootkits.
  • In the same tab, under PUP and PUM detections make sure it is set to Treat detections as malware.
  • Click the Scan tab, choose Threat Scan is checked and click Start Scan.
  • If threats are detected, click the Apply Actions button. You will now be prompted to reboot. Click Yes.
  • Upon completion of the scan (or after the reboot), click the History tab.
  • Click Application Logs and double-click the Scan Log.
  • At the bottom click Export and choose Text file.

Save the file to your desktop and include its content in your next reply.

Please download Zemana AntiMalware and save it to your  Desktop.

• Install the program and once the installation is complete it will start automatically.
  • Without changing any options, press Scanto begin.
  • After the short scan is finished, if threats are detected press Next to remove them.

Note:
If restart is required to finish the cleaning process, you should click
Reboot
. If reboot isn't required, please restart your computer manually.

• Open Zemana AntiMalware again.
  • Click on 4zu6vb.jpg icon and double click the latest report.
  • Now click File > Save As and choose your Desktop before pressing Save.
  • The only left thing is to attach saved report in your next message.

fixlist.txt

Oh my god, finally it's fixed, thanks to you. Thank you so much I've been trying for months to fix this and now it is I didn't believe it when I started up my computer and the error was gone and I could access the internet. Hopefully this can help someone else as well. Again thank you I don't know how you did it but now it works.

History.txt

Fixlog.txt

2016.09.26-00.16.10-i0-t92-d6.txt