Anti-Rootkit Related questions.

Hi:

MBAR-BETA (Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit BETA) is a powerful beta tool designed for use only with expert guidance.

It's not really designed for routine or casual use by home computer users on an uninfected system.
Most of the technology has been incorporated into the rootkit scanning features of MBAM.

We'll need to wait for a staff member to reply about possible GUI updates. 
But, as the product really is not intended as a standalone application, I expect that the GUI is not a high priority.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Hi:

8 minutes ago, mrdodrop said:

anti-rootkit tool it should be updated regularly ?

I'm not sure I understand your question -- updated by WHOM?

Yes, the developers do periodically update the MBAR-BETA application when there is a need to do so.
As I mentioned, most of the core technology is already part of MBAM.

The user does not need to update MBAR-BETA, since the home user would not normally be running this tool on a regular basis.
If the user had a badly infected system and were getting expert malware removal help, the helper would instruct the user to download a fresh copy of the most current version of the tool.

Thank you,

25 minutes ago, daledoc1 said:

Hi:

I'm not sure I understand your question -- updated by WHOM?

Yes, the developers do periodically update the MBAR-BETA application when there is a need to do so.
As I mentioned, most of the core technology is already part of MBAM.

The user does not need to update MBAR-BETA, since the home user would not normally be running this tool on a regular basis.
If the user had a badly infected system and were getting expert malware removal help, the helper would instruct the user to download a fresh copy of the most current version of the tool.

Thank you,

I will try the question again. Such is the tool must be updated every few days, or at least each month, yes or no? As with Kaspersky do is update their own tools almost every month.

Edited by mrdodrop

The MBAR-BETA developers update the tool when an update is needed for this highly specialized tool designed to look for very specific types of rootkits.

Kaspersky can update their tools when their developers determine that an update is needed.

One cannot compare MBAR-Beta to Kaspersky or to any other tool.  Each is uniquie.

That is all I can say.

Perhaps a staff member will be able to provide you with a more satisfactory answer.

Thank you,

Why this Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit tool is scanning the user's files and folder ?

Because rootkits can hide there as well.

and any plan for a New design of the UI for Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit ? I think this will be okay .

No idea. Only a Staff member will be able to answer that one. Maybe @msherwood or @AlexSmith could ask around. Though I don't think that giving MBAR a new GUI is a priority right now (the current one is fine considering the fact that this tool is mainly to test Anti-Rootkit technology that gets rolled into Malwarebytes Anti-Malware once it's stable).

4 minutes ago, msherwood said:

@Gt-truth - we do not have plans to update the UI of MBAR. Right now the technology in MBAR 1.09.3.1001 and MBAM 2.2.1 are at parity. Unless you have a specific need to run just our anti-rootkit technology, we recommend you use MBAM.

Hi

I'm currently used many malwarebytes products at the same time and thank you for let me your idea and info ! :)

Edited by Gt-truth