License failed to activate

ZePet

Hello MB! Well, to keep it short, the title says it all. Apparently the Anti-Ransomware programme doesn't activate due to some license issue. Uninstalling and reinstalling after emptying appdata has not helped, either.

Would you kindly advise me what to do and what kind of data to provide in case you see a chance of fixing this with me? I'd rather not be online without it these days (see HDDCryptor etc.).

Hello ZePet:

Using the native Windows built-in zip utility, please create the following .zip archive file for MBARW developer team analysis:

Please create a .zip archive file (not .7z or .rar) of the directory:

C:\ProgramData\MalwarebytesARW\

Please attach the .zip archive to your next reply.  Thank you for your beta testing contribution to the Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware (MBARW Beta) project and your valued feedback.

Hello 1PW,

I fear that it was a typical IT Crowd issue. I killed all running MBARW processes via Process Explorer and rebooted twice. Once as a normal reboot (without any changes, but *startsarcasm* at least Win 10 crashed promptly *endsarcasm*), the second time after shutting the PC down entirely (due to the crash).
The latter reboot fixed MBARW. An annoying little issue, but yet... I include the current zip file nevertheless, in the hopes that you might find a reason why the update doesn't work on all PCs.
Thank you for providing us with antivirus and antimalware solutions that work properly and don'T harbour BHOs, toolbars and other ad- or spyware. *cheers*

Attachment:

MalwarebytesARW.zip

Hello ZePet and :welcome:

Thank you for the archive.  Some mild/moderate clean-up really should be undertaken before other residual issues may need to be dealt with.  Rather than a simple re-install of MBARW Beta, please consider a clean install of MBARW Beta8 (v0.9.17.661):

1. Close all open user applications followed by a conventional Windows based uninstall of Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware through the Windows system Control Panel.
2. If MBARW Beta8 was uninstalled successfully, the following sub-directories will have been deleted from a typical Windows 10 x64 system:

C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware\
                         C:\ProgramData\MBAMService\
                         C:\ProgramData\MalwarebytesARW\

3. If any of the above directories remain, please delete them manually.  If necessary, any remaining/uninstalled directory must be deleted in the Windows 10 Safe mode.
4. Execute a conventional Windows restart to the Normal Windows boot mode and log-in through an Administrator's account. <===IMPORTANT!
5. Using an Administrator's account only, download a fresh MBARW_Setup.exe file and save to the Administrator's Desktop from the New version - BETA 8 - now available! topic.
6. Right-click the saved MBARW_Setup.exe file and left-click RunAsAdmin.jpg  Run as administrator from the context menu and continue.
7. Upon a successful installation, please restart the computer in a conventional manner to the Windows Normal boot mode.

Even though the free MBARW Beta8 license may still fail to immediately activate, please reply to your topic with the status of your reported issue.  Thank you again for beta testing MBARW and your valued feedback.

Hmm, very well, I will do that. Fourth time I have to since I began testing, sadly. But it's not much effort, so it's fine! After all, we'll end up with more stuff to keep us safe, right? ^^ I will update you as soon as I am done, which will be in the morning hours of CEST.

1. Done.
2. Done.
3. No manual corrections needed; everything was uninstalled properly.
4. Done under Admin privileges.
5. Done, saved to desktop.
6. Done, installed as admin. It activated instantly, no error message.
7. After a regular reboot, MBARW works just fine under both admin and regular account.

Thank you very much, as always. The issue is resolved, I daresay.