Tomiliy

We habe 170 PC with Windows 10, x64.

We used Beta 7. All fine.

Now we try to update to beta 8.

I use this script in GPO:

@echo off &setlocal
IF EXIST "C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Ransomware\mbarw.exe" (
echo uninstalling old Anti-Ransomware Client
"C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Ransomware\unins000.exe" /Verysilent /closeapplications
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 10>NUL
echo installing new Anti-Ransomware Client
)
\\e-spirit.de\install\GPO-Install\Ransomeware\MBARW_Setup.exe /SP- /silent /closeapplications /NOICON 
del "c:\users\public\desktop\Malwarebytes*.lnk"

Most of the users have NO Admin rights. i use runasrob for installing.

After starting the script on login (via GPO) an error message on most PCs appears:

ransomeware_client.png

If if open the script manually, thesame error appears, but if i try to open the script several times, mosztly after the thrid retry the script is working and the installprocess is starting.

What happend?

If this version, Beta 8, is still damaged?

Please help me.

Thanks

Hello Tomiliy:

Reference: https://www.malwarebytes.com/pdf/guides/AntiRansomwareAdminGuide.pdf

As it is evident your question should relate to the commercial/enterprise version of MBARW, I recommend you follow Ms Dubrow's suggestion below:

Please follow @bdubrow suggestion in https://forums.malwarebytes.org/topic/188293-applying-exclusions-for-batch-rollout-sequencing/#comment-1061827 post for support of the Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware commercial/enterprise version.

Thank you.

Edited by 1PW

Hello, Tomiliy--

We recently added the anti-ransomware client to our business suite, Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware.  This is the only version that fully supports mass deployment across business environments and has been tested in those environments.

This beta is intended primarily for home or consumer users, but some businesses are also using it now.  It is okay to do so, but please be aware of all the specific risks typically associated with beta software.  There are oftentimes experimental features or technology included, so you'd need to be willing to deal with any potential issues that may arise from the beta use.  

Also, please be aware that this beta is not intended to be available long-term and we may terminate the program at any time.  

If you are interested in a long-term solution specific to businesses, please consider our official Malwarebytes Business products.

Thank you for your interest!

Edited by bdubrow