Malwarebytes ripoff

i have just installed malwarebytes mbam-setup-2.2.0.1024 entered my pin it was accepted and said my database needed updating after many attemps it succeded  but within minutes it said it was out of date.Initially I purchased from a company in Germany called (

cleverbridge AG, Gereonstr. 43-65, 50670 Cologne (Germany), further referred to in brief as "cleverbridge" is an ecommerce business that trades .

From there page I downloaded mbam-setup-web.NT-2.2.1.1043 which was the only one to download.

I had already paid my money.Anyway my pin number was sent to me I inserted my number in

the correct place it's answer was wrong number.

After many emails I figured I would delete the afore mentioned programme and installed version mbam-setup-2.2.0.1024

no worries accepted my number but said updates are required. I set about updating and after many attempts it finally

gave me mbam-setup-web.NT-2.2.1.1043 which is what I downloaded from the sellers homepage cleverbridge

but the update to mbam-setup-web.NT-2.2.1.1043 lasted 5 mins now it is continually telling me with pop ups

that my database is out of date and no way will it update.

It seems to me I have been sold a dud and as good as this programme is I have been ripped off, and no

amount of emails and screen shots can get them to give me a refund.

Any answers would be most welcome

shiner2348

PS cleverbridge is a selling company for many software programmes. An

cleverbridge AG, Gereonstr. 43-65, 50670 Cologne (Germany), further referred to in brief as "cleverbridge" is an ecommerce business that trades

2.Capture.PNG

3.Capture.PNG

4.Capture.PNG

5.Capture.PNG

6.Capture.PNG

Edited by AlexSmith
Removed License Key

@shiner2348, welcome to the Malwarebytes Forums!! I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your copy of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium.

First, I wanted to answer your question around Cleverbridge. That is a platform partner we use for selling our products and they are not a ripoff or scam.

Second, I removed the screenshot of your product key because that's something you shouldn't be sharing publicly.

Anyways, it sounds like your issue is related to your installation not being able to properly update the malware database. Our support teams should be able to get you taken care of with that. You can reach out to them by opening a ticket here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/customer/portal/emails/new?b_id=6400

In the meantime, you may want to try reinstalling Malwarebytes Anti-Malware following these directions: https://forums.malwarebytes.org/topic/146017-mbam-clean-removal-process-2x/

Again, thank you for joining our community and being a customer of Malwarebytes. We should be able to get you all squared away soon.

@shiner2348, if performing the clean removal process still nets you with the inability to update the malware database, can you by chance provide the following logs as an attachment to a follow up post?

This information may help identify potential issues while you are awaiting help from our dedicated support staff.