tomoz

amazon storage

I have been using jungle disk for ages to do backup to Amazon servers and noticed an alert that malwarebytes blocked this connection tonight. 

Log shows: Malicious Website Protection, Domain, 52.216.66.43, s3.amazonaws.com

I believe this is a FP - any comments?

As an FYI and perhaps a false alert, I am starting from this morning and perhaps related to the new update, receiving Malicious Website Blocked notices from the website The Hill.

The website that Internet Explorer is attempting to access is s3.amazonaws.com

Although the site is associated with Amazon.com, they doing contract work for various US intelligence groups, cannot be considered an innocent entity.

Thank You.

Park McGraw

Malwarebytes_Malicious_Website_Blocked_notice_15sep2016-c.png

Malwarebytes_Malicious_Website_Blocked_log_15sep2016.png

I am having the same problem. Amazon's KDP (selfpublishing website) is being blocked and I cannot download my own book files from them anymore. It happens on Chrome, Firefox and Opera browsers.

amazon blocked.jpg

Edited by Earthlady

Reddit.com is triggering this alert for me

Haitallisten verkkosivujen esto, Domain, 52.216.0.163, s3.amazonaws.com, 51768, Outbound, C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe

There's another thread on this and it looks like at least a dozen of us are having the same issue. The number of times the warning is popping up for me now has lessened some, but I'm still getting it. I've run MalwareBytes and antivirus and both are clean, but I'm still getting warnings for amazonaws with different IPs and ports each time.

Hello,

Thank you very much for your message! Unfortunately, the block was due to Browlock on this link (it's still active!) -

s3.amazonaws.com/pc-32-19/error/ts-chrome-en/index.htm?n=1-844-641-0035

TSS.jpg

Please update your database since the block was removed and Amazon contacted.

Edited by Dashke