MWBARW Beta 8 post install issues

Grego51

I had earlier version installed with a 'catch' in the quarenttine.  Post install of Beta8 -- it's gone, apparently.  I suggest that quarentines be maintained when a version is deleted.  In viewing that previously existing 'catch' I could not scroll left to read all of the location information; so I could not find the suspect files.  So; unless there is some way to bring the previously established quarentine into view in Beta8, I am at a loss to determine if this issue is fixed in Beta8 (no data to observe); so I sugggest next version provides means to preserve such quarentines so they can be viewed after the previous product is uninstalled and newer betas is installed.  If there is a way to do this now please advise.  

It would be nice it MWB provided a list of known legitimate and false 'catches' or 'detections' so we testers can not bug you with reduntant reports.

Finally, I see that you have a free "Endpoint Security" for businesses.  This beggs the question as to if MWB plans to establish a separate line of products for non-business needs; and if so what would be the qualative differences in such products.  Some clarification on this would be appreciated.  

Thanks,  Greg Johnson  -Charlotte, NC

Edited by AdvancedSetup
email address removed for safety

Hello Grego51 and :welcome:

Malwarebytes management was requested to remove the posted email addresses in an effort to keep those addresses from data miners and ne'er do wells.

I suggest that quarentines [sic] be maintained when a version is deleted.

For many years, Malwarebytes has recommended that quarantined files for a system in question be maintained for approximately a week and then the quarantine item(s) can be deleted.  With the release of Beta8, the quarantine process has been improved.

It would be nice it MWB provided a list of known legitimate and false 'catches' or 'detections' so we testers can not bug you with reduntant [sic] reports.

No two computer systems are exactly alike and yet with the release of MBARW Beta8 (v0.9.17.661), fewer false positives should be expected.  Each new false positive report affords the developers the opportunity to improve the ARW core technology detection algorithms and processing.  I am not the least bit "bugged" by a user's False Positive reports as each is an opportunity to verify the possible attack vector and possible malware variant.

Cheers.

This beggs [sic]the question as to if MWB plans to establish a separate line of products for non-business needs; and if so what would be the qualative [sic] differences in such products.

As a generality, the non-business products are Malwarebytes Corporation's flagship consumer products such as MBAM, MBAE and others.

what would be the qualative [sic] differences in such products.

Malwarebytes business deployments may be effectively managed from a central location using the Malwarebytes Management Console product.

Edited by 1PW