Hi,

I clean installed the latest beta 8 of MBARW (0.9.17.661) on a 64-bit Windows 10 Home version 1607 OS build 14393.105 with all updates.

MBARW fails to activate, so protection is disabled and can not be started even after several attempts via the "Start protection" option and several system restarts. PNG image screenshot attached.

I do NOT have a  C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware\ folder!

I DO have a C:\ProgramData\MalwarebytesARW\Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware folder, but it is empty - 0 files, so nothing to zip and attach!

I do NOT have a  C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs folder as well!

But I DO have  C:\ProgramData\MalwarebytesARW\MBAMService\logs

Probably you should update the info for the current folder structure of MBARW Beta 8 on the site!?

I attach the required logs.zip.

Best regards!

logs.zip

MBARW_Beta_8_failed_to_Activate.png

logs.zip

Hi fishbowl--

Sorry for the confusion!  I've updated our pinned topic on how to report false positives.  The steps are a bit easier now since we just ask for the one directory.

Thanks for figuring out which logs to attach anyway -- that's exactly what we needed.  :)  We'll review the logs and see if we can determine what might be happening.

Thanks for trying the beta!  Hopefully we can get it activated on your system.

Hi guys,

All is well now. After looking at the log is seemed there is a communication problem with MBARW connecting to MB servers... After tinkering a bit with the firewall (Comodo) MBARW somehow got connected and it is Active now!

Keep up the good work!

Best regards