False Positive: Yet ANOTHER Steam Game (Empyrion)

Yet ANOTHER one of my steam games has been tagged by anti-ransomware, this is getting a bit beyond a joke....

And since it seems something has changed in ProgramData I am including the 2 folders I found in there...

If this keeps up I am going to just go into exclusions and exclude every game one by one in anti-ransomware until I have excluded all steam games, as having false positives on game files that are downloaded from a platform such as steam should not happen.

Empyrion.zip

Malwarebytes.zip

MalwarebytesARW.zip

Hi,

This should be no longer detected anymore. Thanks for reporting and beta testing our program.

As an additional suggestion - given the fact that this file frequently changes and its behavior which triggers detection, I suggest you add the S:\steam\steamapps\common folder to your exclusions.

Hello NZ-Simplicity and welcome back:

Please consider left-clicking the "Follow" button, near the upper-right corner of your topic, to receive timely notifications of updates to your topic.

Available data strongly suggests a false positive, and if it has not already been done, you may wish to make the following temporary full pathname file entry in MBARW GUI Dashboard -> Exclusions:

S:\steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Empyrion.exe

Reference: https://www.virustotal.com/file/5c3a69a50ee0df219b6bf003aed2c42cd35394505520106eb6093106df3bb59c/analysis/ Unsigned

At any time, a MBARW development team member, QA team member or Staffer may request the above temporary exclusion be altered/deleted.

Thank you for beta testing MBARW and your valuable feedback.

Edited by 1PW

Hello NZ-Simplicity:

Thank you for your feedback.  Since Mieke had so rapidly resolved your original issue, the exclusion for Empyrion.exe didn't need to be entered, yet did no harm when you did.  That exclusion need not remain and since you had wisely upgraded to the Beta8 version, Mieke's timely folder exclusion advice will certainly eliminate a FP repeat of Steam applications in that folder.

Thank you again for your cooperation and help.