MBAR Host Failure

I have tried to run MBAR since having MBAM problems. It update the database version & then when it cannot update the rootkit database, reverts back to the old  database version with the message "HOST FAILURE".

Hello, @BBK::)

A couple of things...

• Is this the same computer for which you reported problems updating MBAM HERE? (If so, the updating problems may be related)
  • MBAR-Beta (Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit BETA) is just that -- a powerful BETA tool that is not intended for unguided use by home computer users
    • Much of the technology is already incorporated into MBAM's anti-rootkit technology
    • As a BETA tool, its use could potentially cause damage or system instability
    • It is recommended that it not be routinely used in a production environment by home users without expert guidance
  • If you think you may be infected with a rootkit that is not detected by MBAM, then it might be advisable to seek a bit of free, expert help checking the system
    • Such work is conducted in a special area of the forum or at the help desk
    • To start, I suggest reading this pinned topic: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers
    • It explains the options for free, expert help >>AND<< the preliminary steps to expedite the process
    • A trained malware expert will guide you through scanning, cleanup and repair

A Malwarebytes staff member may have additional/different advice.

Thanks,

Thanks for that.

To reduce confusion, let's stay in your other thread in the MBAM forum for now.

The updating issues may all be related.  MBAM ought to be the 1st priority, as MBAR-BETA really isn't designed as a DIY tool.

(For the record, though, I just downloaded and updated it without a problem on one of my Win7 boxes.)

We can revisit this topic and refer it to Malwarebytes staff AFTER working out the issues in the other thread.

Thanks,