Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium stops working

It fails to quarantine the last suspected found file every time I do a scan, if it finds 6 it will quarantine 5 and then I get a message that it has stopped working. If it finds 1 it just stops working and I get the same message. Can Some one point me in the right direction. I have just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and was really hoping it would of fixed its self, wishful thinking I guess.

Thanks,

jlrock1960

Hello and :welcome:, @jrock1960:

It sounds as if the scanner is hanging/crashing during a scan. There are several possible reasons for this.

If I understand your post correctly, you were having this problem BEFORE you upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10?
And, if I understand correctly, you have not yet tried a clean reinstall of MBAM since you upgraded to Win 10?

If that's the case, then I suggest starting here -- a proper clean reinstall often resolves minor issues:

Please carefully follow ALL the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - MBAM Clean Removal Process 2

• If you have MBAM Premium, please be sure to deactivate your account first (dashboard > my account > deactivate) before you uninstall.
  • Please be sure to have your license info handy before you uninstall.
  • Please be sure to reboot when prompted by the removal tool; it's a good idea to reboot again after the reinstall.

Please let us know if that resolves your issue.

Thank you,

Hi:

Sorry that didn't resolve it.  There may be corrupt files, bad disk sectors, software conflict, even malware, to name a few possible reasons.

Next step is to collect a bit of basic system information to help determine the next steps.

I suggest that you please read the following and attach to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt).

Thanks again,

Hi:

Thanks for the logs.  They show that you may have just yesterday upgraded to Win10 or to the Win10 Anniversary Update?
The OS upgrade may have carried over some problems from the previous version of Windows.

In any event, the logs do show evidence of malware infection and some other issues. 
The deeper work needed to get this cleaned up is performed in a special forum area reserved for that purpose.

I suggest that you please follow the advice in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.
It explains the options for free, expert help >>AND<< the suggested, preliminary steps to expedite the process.

>>As you have already run FRST, you just need to start a new, separate post in the malware removal section of the forum, attaching the same logs to that new post.
>>If you wish, you may also include a link back to this forum thread, to help the malware experts get up to speed:

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/topic/187900-malwarebytes-anti-malware-premium-stops-working/

A malware analyst will assist you with looking into your issue - the helper will guide you through scanning, cleanup and repair.
The helper can also assist you with getting both MBAM and MBAE up and running.

Thank you again,