Full scan only - error code 20034

Hello SYL and :welcome:

Unfortunately, the CheckResults.txt file posted is severely truncated.  Please rerun mbam-check-2.3.2.0.exe and post the resultant text file here if the result is complete.  (The last readable line should be: END OF FILE)

The FRST logs indicate the computer would benefit from clean-up actions that are not permitted in this sub-forum.

I recommend following the advice from the topic: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers and have one of the Malware Removal Experts assist you with your issue.

If, as recommended, you do open a topic in Malware Removal Help, please make reference to this thread.

If you would like to get off to a very fast start, the Malware Removal Experts would appreciate it if you would also attach (not compress/copy/paste) both the FRST.txt and the Addition.txt output diagnostic reports from only Log Set 1 into your new topic. Please do not alter any pre-configured FRST categories as the default settings are well suited for malware removal actions.

Thank you.

Edited by 1PW

• Staff

We may have narrowed this error down the the firefox prefs.js file and a couple of defs. We made some changes this week on some that we found. If you could private message me your prefs.js file i can take a look.

C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\(random chars + username)\prefs.js

its usually located at above location.

Edited by shadowwar

15 hours ago, 1PW said:

Unfortunately, the CheckResults.txt file posted is severely truncated.  Please rerun mbam-check-2.3.2.0.exe and post the resultant text file here if the result is complete.  (The last readable line should be: END OF FILE)

Thank you for reply, in regards to CheckResults.txt file - I repeat test and got... the same result. Strange... Don't know why my report file is truncated. :blink:

4 minutes ago, SYL said:

Thank you for reply, in regards to CheckResults.txt file - I repeat test and got... the same result. Strange... Don't know why my report file is truncated. :blink:

A few days ago (maybe 2 weeks maximum ) everything was fine. I have a premium version of MBAM (Polish locale).

During these 2 weeks the following changes happened to my PC:

- some Win 10 (I've got home version) upgrades

- Firefox 48.0.1 --> 48.0.2 upgrade

- Kaspersky Internet Security program was upgraded automatically to newest version.

Hi:

I will defer to @1PW and @shadowwar...

...if they will indulge me one suggestion, however.

6 minutes ago, SYL said:

Kaspersky Internet Security program was upgraded automatically to newest version.

I see that you have KIS 2016 MR1 (16.0.1.445 (e)?). 

If your KIS recently upgraded in-place to that build from another, previous version (e.g. KIS 2016 MR0 or even KIS 2015) with MBAM installed on the computer, then it's *possible* that the KIS upgrade *might* have caused some minor corruption to MBAM.

You might want to try a proper clean reinstall of MBAM, using the best practices and the removal tool.

Just a suggestion.

Let us know if that resolves your issue.

Thank you,

48 minutes ago, daledoc1 said:

I see that you have KIS 2016 MR1 (16.0.1.445 (e)?). 

If your KIS recently upgraded in-place to that build from another, previous version (e.g. KIS 2016 MR0 or even KIS 2015) with MBAM installed on the computer, then it's *possible* that the KIS upgrade *might* have caused some minor corruption to MBAM.

You might want to try a proper clean reinstall of MBAM, using the best practices and the removal tool.

Just a suggestion.

Let us know if that resolves your issue.

Thank you,

1. Yes my version of KIS is: 16.0.1.445 (e)

2. Clean remove and reinstallation MBAM as described in attached link didn't resolve my problem.

Enough for Today, time to rest ;)

23 hours ago, shadowwar said:

We may have narrowed this error down the the firefox prefs.js file and a couple of defs. We made some changes this week on some that we found. If you could private message me your prefs.js file i can take a look.

After update MBAM definitions all works fine.

Thank you very much shadowwar.

Problem fixed.

Edited by SYL

One more comments.

Now MBAM didn't report any errors. However, Kaspersky Internet Security generates a dozen of messages (I've started full & quick scan in MBAM which was successful) like:

- "Suspicious action blocked: MBAM code injection blocked"

- Suspicious action blocked: MBAM memory read from other processes"

- Suspicious action blocked: MBAM duplication of process handler" (sorry I don't know how to translate it English)

Not sure if MBAM was blocked and silently ignore some problems etc... so far I;m glad that don't see error 20034 any more. Maybe it will help you to investigate problem further.

Greetings.

Edited by SYL