Can not kill MPC Cleaner process

Hello

After installing some programs, I found out that some programs such as MPC Cleaner, MPC Desktop had installed itself onto my pc. My search bar in Google Chrome was now search.safefinder.com

I managed to get rid of safefinder and reset Google Chrome to normal. I tried deleting MPC Cleaner in my control panel. It didn't seem to be uninstalling, but it seemed gone from the list in my control panel. I removed the desktop shortcuts, yet when I rebooted my system the shortcuts MPC Desktop and MPC Cleaner appeared again. The folder is still there in my C:\Program Files (x86)\MPC Cleaner and I cannot remove it as it tells me I need administrator rights (which I have since I'm the only user). I also get following errors when I reboot: MPC ERROR: LoadLibrary Monitor.dll Faile:193, MPC ERROR: LoadLibrary Web.dll Failed:193 and another one. Aswell as the error that I included in the AdxEngine.png

AdxEngine.png

When trying to kill the processes, I'm able to kill MPC AdCleaner Main Application and MPC Browser Protect Module for X64, but I'm unable to kill MPC Protect Service and MPC Tray. If I open the MPC Cleaner folder in my program files and try to run the Uninstall.exe or UninstDelete.exe I get the notification that the .exe file is damaged or unreadable.

I would like to be able to kill all the processes and uninstall all MPC Cleaner related programs. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attached files:

FRST.txt

Addition.txt

Hello and :welcome:

51a46ae42d560-malwarebytes_anti_malware. Scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.

• Install the progam and select update.
  • Once updated, click the Settings tab, in the left panel choose Detection & Protection and tick Scan for rootkits.
  • In the same tab, under PUP and PUM detections make sure it is set to Treat detections as malware.
  • Click the Scan tab, choose Threat Scan is checked and click Start Scan.
  • If threats are detected, click the Apply Actions button. You will now be prompted to reboot. Click Yes.
  • Upon completion of the scan (or after the reboot), click the History tab.
  • Click Application Logs and double-click the Scan Log.
  • At the bottom click Export and choose Text file.

Save the file to your desktop and include its content in your next reply.

Please download Zemana AntiMalware and save it to your  Desktop.

• Install the program and once the installation is complete it will start automatically.
  • Without changing any options, press Scanto begin.
  • After the short scan is finished, if threats are detected press Next to remove them.
Note:
If restart is required to finish the cleaning process, you should click
Reboot
. If reboot isn't required, please restart your computer manually.

• Open Zemana AntiMalware again.
  • Click on 4zu6vb.jpg icon and double click the latest report.
  • Now click File > Save As and choose your Desktop before pressing Save.
  • The only left thing is to attach saved report in your next message.

adwcleaner_new.png Fix with AdwCleaner

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save the file to your Desktop.

• Right-click on adwcleaner_new.png icon and select RunAsAdmin.jpg Run as Administrator to start the tool.
  • Accept the Terms of use.
  • Wait until the database is updated.
  • Click Scan.
  • When finished, please click Cleaning.
  • Your PC should reboot now.
  • After reboot, logfile will be opened. Copy its content into your next reply.

Note: Reports will be saved in your system partition, usually at C:\Adwcleaner

Edited by TwinHeadedEagle

I ran Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. I deleted all the files it had placed in quarantaine and rebooted. Yet when I open Malwarebytes again, it seems all the files are still in quarantaine?!

Attachment: malwarebytes - application logs.txt

The MPC folder in my program files seems to be gone. Nor does any MPC related process seem to be running. I also noticed a file MPC2.bmp I don't know if it was there before the scan (i think it was). May I delete it manually?

I will also run the two other programs. 

Sure.

FRST.gif Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Please re-run Farbar Recovery Scan Tool to give me a fresh look at your system.

• Right-click on FRST.gif icon and select RunAsAdmin.jpg Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Make sure that Addition.txt option is checked. option is checked.

2873ryc.png

• Press Scan button and wait.

• The tool will produce two logfiles on your desktop: FRST.txt and Addition.txt.

Please attach report into your next reply.

I do not recommend usage of IOBIT products, they have bad reputation, and are prone to create problems. The company behind this product was found to be stealing the MBAM database. That is why I suggest to uninstall:
Advanced SystemCare
Driver Booster
Game Booster
IObit Malware Fighter
IObit Uninstaller
Smart Defrag
Surfing Protection

When you see a word "Booster", "Optimizer", "TuneUp" or similar it is often some kind of silly application. You cannot "boost" you system more than it actually is. Microsoft optimized Windows perfectly and they are constantly working on improvements, so these tools are just selling you nothing but "fog".

Only way to actually boost your system is to upgrade your hardware by adding SSD, more processor power or more ram memory.

FRST.gif Fix with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

icon_exclaim.gif This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine. icon_exclaim.gif

icon_exclaim.gif Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable. icon_exclaim.gif

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:

Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!

• Right-click on FRST.gif icon and select RunAsAdmin.jpg Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Press the Fix button just once and wait.
  • If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
  • When finishes FRST will generate a log on the Desktop, called Fixlog.txt.

Please attach it to your reply.

fixlist.txt