how I fix MBARW disabled

ingber

I see a lot of reported problems that MBARW is disabled and clicking Fix Now or Start Protection does not work.

I have found that when this happens on one of our two Thinkpads running Windows 10 Pro x64, that simply exiting MBARW in the tray, and restarting MBARW always has fixed this.  It happens often enough that we have shortcuts to "C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Ransomware\mbarw.exe" on our desktops for this purpose.

This problem has been around for quite a while with no fix provided. I have followed the advice's on what to do with varying degrees of success as none of them last very long before the problem comes back. I must admit I am running out of tolerance for the situation so it may be time to move to another vendor.

On 9/5/2016 at 2:56 PM, JohnB said:

This problem has been around for quite a while with no fix provided. I have followed the advice's on what to do with varying degrees of success as none of them last very long before the problem comes back. I must admit I am running out of tolerance for the situation so it may be time to move to another vendor.

One thing about a 'Beta' is that extra patience is needed. I mean, after all, its not a prime time exe... As such, its getting debugged all the time behind the scenes, until improvements have been made, and then at the finale, they're satisfied with the program's operations, and that it will work with most people. One thing I found out, no other Anti-Ransomware compares to Malwarebytes for completeness. I've checked them out and this one beats all, easily...Its worth the wait, patience, and helping the developers succeed for such a great product that is very complicated in processes. Thanks for listening! I hope anyways... :)