Would thisusu include details of the successfully deleted file name, virus name in his report

Hi, I use junk ware removal tool and found to be safe and would like to know, that thisusu program is successfully deleting some entries in the IES content folder and other folders. But i would like to know , what are those deleted files, i mean suspicious files so that i could avoid going to those downloads in future. Am i asking too much from him.

without knowing what it is deleting, one would have to scan and scan again , as always, some folders are getting deleted without knowing which are the virus or suspicious programs. I do not want the entire list, but would like to have the affected files and suspicious files list for the scan i take

Hi jraju :)

JRT lists the folders and files it deletes. If you are referring to the IE5.Content folders deletion, these are temporary folders created when you use a web browser. JRT deletes them for good measure, it doesn't mean that there's any harmful files in them, however it's common for malware to drop malicious files there and it can have cached malicious content as well. So you can see these deletions more as "prevention", as there's no way for JRT to know exactly if there's infected files in these folders, but it deletes them anyway for safety and it doesn't do any harm to the system.

Hi, Thanks for your explanation. But could it not include the known virus affected files it has deleted, so that we could have the idea , which program is harmful or suspicious. I always use this tool to get rid of stubborn attacks. There is a command line improvement in the new version and thanks

Like I said before, you can see every files and folders that are being deleted by JRT, so you know which ones were affected. The only exception is for the IE5.Content folders, since these aren't necessary infected, JRT only delete it for prevention, so there's no information that can be obtained from them. 

Hi, Again i prefer the query, why it could not include, which virus attacked the system in which application, so that users could view those. I know that the data base is being updated as well as program. But , which virus attacked which files may be useful for the users. Thisusu could consider this.

Hi, Thisusu,

Glad that you have given the link. They only explains the contents of internet cache . What i want to know is , which virus out of your included list affects my computer? To put it straight, I know the folder, which is affected, I want to know, which virus or PuP, included in your data base, affected that folder.I do not ask why?. I know the effectiveness of your tool, but only want you to include the virus detected in that folder in the text file jrt.txt.

It is really wonderful tool that it touches, the internet cache content folder. I tried to include that in ccleaner, but could not include it. Ccleaner , you may be aware has the option to include cleaning of temp files and folders. My question is to know the virus name and the program that injected it. I hope thisusu understand it

• Staff
53 minutes ago, jraju said:

Hi, Thisusu,

Glad that you have given the link. They only explains the contents of internet cache . What i want to know is , which virus out of your included list affects my computer? To put it straight, I know the folder, which is affected, I want to know, which virus or PuP, included in your data base, affected that folder.I do not ask why?. I know the effectiveness of your tool, but only want you to include the virus detected in that folder in the text file jrt.txt.

It is really wonderful tool that it touches, the internet cache content folder. I tried to include that in ccleaner, but could not include it. Ccleaner , you may be aware has the option to include cleaning of temp files and folders. My question is to know the virus name and the program that injected it. I hope thisusu understand it

Hi jraju,

I don't think I'm able to give you the type of answer you're looking for as when I added the routine to delete those temporary internet folders, it wasn't because of a particular malware was known for hiding in them. Because of this, I can't give you a name of the threat and neither can JRT. In the link I provided, it was seen that a threat by the name of Trojan:Win64/SvcMiner.A was inside one of the folders.

CCleaner deletes the contents of these folders as well, minus the folders themselves by default. The results will appear under "Internet Explorer - Temporary Internet Files" section of CCleaner's results/report.

Hi, Thisusu, Thanks for the reply. So, you make the program on the basis of prevailing folder in which the threat could hide or reside.

Could you please say, where to see the report in ccleaner. I could only see the Lang folder, ccleaner.exe and uninstall in c:program files

So, you make the program on the basis of prevailing folder in which the threat could hide or reside

What is your comment on this? Ofcourse, I had been using your program for long time and noticed all the improvements. So may i suppose, it will erase everything in the folders that your program choose including any PUP, virus and what not. Eventhough, it is in DOS, the data base are being updated to include new variesties of PUP, trojan etc..

Will it not be feasible to atleast know which virus attacked the computer , that the JRT tool removed?For eg. Other programs did show the virus and name of the folder which it attacked.

• Staff
8 hours ago, jraju said:

So, you make the program on the basis of prevailing folder in which the threat could hide or reside

What is your comment on this? Ofcourse, I had been using your program for long time and noticed all the improvements. So may i suppose, it will erase everything in the folders that your program choose including any PUP, virus and what not.

Yes, that's correct.

8 hours ago, jraju said:

Eventhough, it is in DOS, the data base are being updated to include new variesties of PUP, trojan etc..

PUPs have always been the focus of JRT. It doesn't offer much support at all versus actual malware.

8 hours ago, jraju said:

Will it not be feasible to atleast know which virus attacked the computer , that the JRT tool removed?For eg. Other programs did show the virus and name of the folder which it attacked.

It's not feasible in JRT at this point. I'm working on the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware database now which is updated multiple times a day with both PUP and malware detections. Threat names are provided for each detection as well. :)