why right click to scan individual files , load full scan settings

Hi, Advanced setup,

When i ran the check mbam tool, this entry was found. It says blocked and please say, whether there is anything here

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Shell Extension Block Check:
======================================================

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Blocked:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Blocked

MBAM Startup Entries:
=====================
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Advanced..

My problem is , the first clicks invariably opens normal scan, whereas the second click works correctly. Thanks that the log shows no entry. But see here a log file downloaded from internet, which has no entry at all, even showing blocked entries.

mbam-check result log version: 2.0.0.1000

Malwarebytes Version: REG_SZ        1.75.0.1300

Date Log Created: 12/08/13
Time Log Created: 17:04:10

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Shell Extension Block Check:
======================================================

MBAM Startup Entries:
=====================
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

Sorry for troubling you, why cannot i edit my post? pl

• Root Admin

Malwarebytes Version: REG_SZ        1.75.0.1300

That is no longer a supported version of MBAM. Please run the following.

Please uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest version using the following guide. MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x

Not sure what's up with editing.

I have used shellexview and upon opening found your context menu item . Right clicked and looked at the properties. I found the file , but the openwith box,  contained unknown. I opted for change there and then browse to get the file association and browse to the malware bytes, and selected mbam.exe to open the dll file. NOw the problem seems to have been solved . first right click on individual files, do open scan and properly scan individual file.

Would you suggest, anything now. Why it showed as unknown in the open with box in the properties. Should not i have changed the default unknown to get it work. once i changed and rebooted , the problem seems to have been solved. Pl kindly advise.

I just enclosed the checklist from web, which was using the version , you mentioned. I am using your latest version.

No. The problem still persist. On the next boot try, it does not open correctly . I have used all the fixes but still having some issues. If i right click, sometime, there is nothing happening forcing me to again right click on  a file. If i right click, then again nothing. Repeated right clicks, only result in executing. I will try again sfc scannow, as it is the only way to fix dll errors and system files.

• Root Admin

Hello @jraju

I'm sorry but the issue is with your computer and I do not know the answer on how to fix it without doing an FDISK, FORMAT, and reinstall Windows fresh and stay away from registry cleaning tools and similar "boost computer speed", etc. type tools.

If you like, and this is a paid subscription then you can submit to the Helpdesk to obtain a refund but there is nothing more I can do to help you with this issue.

Best of luck

Ron

• 1 month later...
  • Root Admin

Very sorry for the delay on replying here @jraju

No bug in the program. Someone, or something on your computer set our program and the MBAM CLEAN utility into a compatibility mode. If at all possible no programs should ever be run in compatibility mode as they don't function the same way as they were designed to. By removing those entries it allowed them to run properly.

As for not checking for updates each time, we moved away from that model on purpose as way too many people would not check for updates, then open a ticket for help on removal for something that was already in the rules for weeks or months. We also have very few users that use this feature. Millions of users just use the built-in update and scan features and never interact with the program.

Thank you again and if there is nothing else I'll go ahead and close your topic soon.

Take care and stay safe out there.

Ron

Hi, I had not asked a big query. How to know, it is in compatible mode or not. I could try to rectify it . Does that mean that , if i select compatibility tab, and look there , it would not list the version, that is set. For example, if the program is running correctly , then windows 7 , my OS version, would not be shown in the run in version mode list.

Pl try to solve. Expecting reply and glad that you have replied. Or is it some other thing that i have to look in to

• Root Admin

I'm sorry. As I said before, I don't know what's wrong with your computer and why it's not behaving correctly. We've looked at many things and none of them were able to resolve the issues. Doing a complete FDISK, Format, and reinstall of Windows may be the only fix or continue to run it as it works now. Myself I'd format and start over again, but that's me.

The reply about the compatibility was for someone else, not you. It was a mistaken post to you only.

Thanks

Ron

Hi, I understand that .

My simple question is : how to find if it is in compatible mode or in correct mode. I just downloaded the malwarebytes from your site and i hope that there is only one download for all the versions. If i could correct things , then it may work for me also.

The right click menu works after the first try, now. Please let me know about compatability. How to check whether malware bytes is running in correct mode. Is there any check on that ?

• Root Admin

Here, if you run this and post back the log it will tell us if it's in compatibility mode or not.

Please create an mbam-check log:

• Download mbam-check.exe from here and save it to your desktop
  • Double-click on mbam-check.exe to run it, it should then open a log file
  • Please do not copy and paste the entire contents of the log into your next post, instead please attach the log CheckResults.txt file which should now be located on your desktop to your next post

While Ron returns...

From your logs we see this: (notice the item in RED which shows you are actually running Malwarebytes in a non-standard way and you need to remove it from those settings, as a matter of fact you should probably remove most if not all of those from the compatibility modes, there should be no reason why all those items listed can not run on your Windows 7 box)

Compatibility Flag Settings:
=================================

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\appCompatFlags\Layers
 C:\Windows\System32\ALSNDMGR.CPLREG_SZ  RUNASADMIN
 D:\hprinterdriver\HP_Vista_SF_Ph1.exeREG_SZ  WINXPSP2
 C:\Users\intel\Downloads\gr_uninst.exeREG_SZ  WINXPSP2
 C:\Program Files\MonitorTest\monitortest.exeREG_SZ  DisableNXShowUI
 C:\Windows\System32\igfxcfg.exeREG_SZ  VISTASETUP RUNASADMIN
 D:\downloadfor this pc\TweakUiPowertoySetup.exeREG_SZ  WINXPSP2
 D:\downloadfor this pc\sp51607.exeREG_SZ  WINXPSP2
 C:\Users\intel\Downloads\win32_152823.exeREG_SZ  WINXPSP2
 SIGN.MEDIA=357E63C nero6\nero63115.exeREG_SZ  WINXPSP2
 D:\neroclean\NeroCleanTool5.0.0.18.exeREG_SZ  WINXPSP2
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\appCompatFlags\Layers
 C:\Program Files\ScreenCamera\ScrCam.exeREG_SZ  WINXPSP2
 C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS2\Photoshop.exeREG_SZ  RUNASADMIN
 D:\intelgraphics\Setup.exe    REG_SZ  WINXPSP3
 D:\tasklastrun\TaskSchedulerView.exeREG_SZ  RUNASADMIN
 C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbam.exeREG_SZ  RUNASADMIN
 C:\Program Files\Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit\Compatibility Administrator (32-bit)\Compatadmin.exeREG_SZ  RUNASADMIN
 C:\Users\intel\Downloads\win2k_xp1417.exeREG_SZ  WINXPSP3
 SIGN.MEDIA=357E63C nero6\nero63115.exeREG_SZ  RUNASADMIN
 D:\nerocleantool\NeroCleanTool5.0.0.18.exeREG_SZ  WIN7RTM RUNASADMIN
 D:\diagnostic\CDAn.exe        REG_SZ  WIN7RTM RUNASADMIN

Hi, Firefox, thanks for your post. But i have already informed the same in my previous post. But i want to know, why it is so , in the compatibility mode. How to solve this program. I normally download the programs, but some of it only works in xp compatibility mode, otherwise they do not work. But my question is , i could locate the registry to remove that entry. Will it be enough?

Do you mean to say that it is a kind of permission problem/ I do not think so. There were no error messages or compatibility alert when i download and run the malware bytes program

Once Advanced setup has given the reg fix, which i have executed. But subsequently , i uninstalled and reinstalled , so the entry would have come up again.I also ticked run as admin in compatible tab to  run with out any permission issue.

The right click menu works, but not at the FIRST try. it only works in the second try.