Malwarebytes deleted my desktop!?!

:welcome:   Hello.

I will be guiding you as we go forward.  I will need to see diagnostic information from this system, so that I can see about pinning down the source of this issue.
I would like to ask that you always attach any report or file I ask for, from time to time. Just a regular  attachment.

You said this is on Windows 10 laptop.  Just for the record, what brand is it and what model ?  ( just in case we need that info, later).

Be sure that the laptop is connected to a power cable for power.  Lets not just be in battery mode power.

You described a few minimal things on the monitor screen.  It may be handy to have a picture snapshot of it ....if at all possible.

One more tip, just in case, if the laptop has any CD or DVD or connected USB drive, disconnect those while this case is on going.  Also, if there is any connected printer or the likes, disconnect that as well  ( or at least power it off).

IF you have a working computer at home, and a clean or new USB flash drive, this next special procedure is worth doing as our first pass.

For x32 (x86) bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to a flash drive.
For x64 bit systems download FarRecovery Scan Tool x64 and save it to a flash drive.

Disconnect any external storage drives from the computer.

Enter System Recovery Options.

To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:

• Restart the computer.
  • As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.
  • Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.
  • Select English as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
  • Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
  • Select your user account an click Next.

OR If you have the Windows o.s. DVD, then To enter System Recovery Options, by using Windows installation disc:

• Insert the installation disc.
  • Restart your computer.
  • If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc. If your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, check your BIOS settings.
  • Click Repair your computer.
  • Select English as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
  • Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
  • Select your user account and click Next.

On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:

• Startup Repair
    • System Restore
    • Windows Complete PC Restore
    • Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
    • Command Prompt

• Select Command Prompt

Now, Plug the flashdrive with FRST tool into the PC.
  • In the command window type in notepad and press Enter.
  • The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.
  • Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.
  • In the command window type e:\frst.exe (for x64 bit version type e:\frst64)  and press Enter
    Note: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.
  • The tool will start to run.
  • When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) on the flash drive. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
    In addition, also provide a copy of Addition.txt

One more quick note.  I am a big fan of using Keyboard shortcuts in Windows.  These below can be especially helpful to you in your situation.

Windows ( every version) has had the ability of built in keyboard shortcuts.  Make use of these as needed when you get in a tight spot like this one, or even for every day use.

Press & hold Windows-key on keyboard + the T key to get the TASKBAR.

Press the Windows-key on keyboard + the D key to get the DESKTOP view.

Press the Windows-key on keyboard + the R key to get the Windows RUN menu.  

You can also use CTRL + ESCape keys to the Windows Start menu display.

Use Windows-key + E key to start Windows Explorer.

I would give all of those a try ( as needed) given that you said that you had a partial display on-screen.  These hopefully will be useful in a pinch.

3 days ago I opened explorer.exe using task manager and it returned my desktop, so from now on to use my laptop I need to run explorer.exe every time I turn my laptop on.

The brand of my laptop is Lenovo and model is U430P

I can't send the photo cuz I can't attach IPhone photos to here, and I can't do a screen shot yet cuz I don't have my laptop right now, I'll send it when I get to it.

Would you please send ( attach ) FRST reports for review?

Please download    Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

You may wind up needing to temporarily turn off your antivirus program IF it interferes with the diagnostic tool-reports listed below.

Right-click on *FRST* icon and select  *Run as Administrator * to start the tool , and reply *YES* to allow it to proceed and run.
_Windows 8 or 10 users will be prompted about Windows *SmartScreen protection* - click line  *More info* information on that screen and click button *Run anyway* on next screen._
Click YES when prompted by Windows U A C prompt to allow it to run.

Approve the Windows’ UAC prompt on Windows Vista and newer operating systems by clicking on Continue or Yes.

Click Yes when the* disclaimer* appears in FRST.
The tool may want to update itself - in that case you'll be prompted when the update is completed and ready to use.

Press Scan button.
It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt).
Please attach FRST.txt & Addition.txt along your next reply.

• 4 weeks later...

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!