Anti rootkit driver Unable to Load error 20025

Hello and welcome back, @ubose::)

2 minutes ago, ubose said:

I restarted my computer without reinstalling Malwarebytes and the error message did not return. So, I suppose my computer is safe. If not, please advise. Thank you.

This particular thread is nearly 2 years old, based on a VERY outdated version of MBAM.

So, just to be sure we're on the same page, is you MBAM version 2.2.1.1043, the current version?

If so, then you should be OK.

If not, then I suggest the following for starters.

• Please carefully follow ALL the steps in this pinned topic to cleanly remove and reinstall the current version of MBAM: MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x
    • If you have MBAM Premium, please be sure to have your license info handy and to deactivate your account before you start (dashboard > my account > deactivate)
    • It's very important to reboot the computer when prompted by the removal tool
    • It's a good idea to reboot again after reinstalling

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank you,

P.S. To minimize confusion, the forum mod team may split off your post (and our replies) to a new, separate thread.  No worries, though.

Hi:

53 minutes ago, ubose said:

Yes, my MBAM premium is the current version. So, I am okay. Thank you for your prompt help.

Sounds good.

In most cases, a "20025" error is resolved by cleanly reinstalling MBAM

If the problem re-occurs, please feel free to post back (preferably in a new, separate topic) and someone will be happy to assist you.

Thanks again,

Edited by daledoc1
clarification