Can not open Malwarebytes

Hi, could not open Malwarebytes upon installation. I did all the Chameleon last resort option and came out with nothing. I've been googling a lot about what happened and I found this thread that has the exact issue as mine 

In order to save time, I did the same process and attached the 2 files needed, hope you can help me out.

FRST.txt

Addition.txt

:welcome:   Hello,

I will be guiding you as we go forward.  I may need to see diagnostic information from this system.
I would like to ask that you always attach any report or file I ask for, from time to time.

Before we proceed further, please read all of the following instructions carefully.
If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding.
If needed, please print out these instructions.

• Please do not post logs using CODE, QUOTE, or FONT tags. Just always attach files / reports.
  •     
  • Please enable your system to show hidden files: How to see hidden files in Windows
  • Make sure you're subscribed to this topic:
  • Click on the Follow This Topic Button (at the top right of this page), make sure that the Receive notification box is checked and that it is set to Instantly
  • Removing malware can be unpredictable, it is unlikely, but things can go  wrong! Please make sure you Backup all files that cannot be replaced if something were to happen. You can copy them to a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen / flash drive
  • Please don't run any other scans, download, install or uninstall any programs unless requested by me while I'm working with you.
  • The removal of malware is not instantaneous; please be patient. Often we are also in a different Time Zone.
  • Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one.
  • If you have any problems while following my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of the issue.
  • You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
  • As we go along, from time to time, Windows User Account Control ( U A C ) will prompt whether to allow a tool or procedure to proceed forward.  Approve the Windows’ UAC prompt on by clicking on Continue or Yes.
  •  
  •  
  • When we are done, I'll give you instructions on how to clean up all the tools and logs
  • Please stick with me until I give you the "all clear" and Please don't waste my time by leaving before that.
  • Your topic will be closed if you haven't replied within 3 days.

I see that this PC has Advanced SystemCare 9.  If you did not pay for it, please uninstall it.  If you purchased it, please turn it off while this case is on going.
Iobit software is not regarded well.  They have been known to steal from us.

Your pc has Avast Free Antivirus, build 12.3 of the free version, which is a good antivirus.
Start Avast antivirus.  Look for the gear icon up on the top right and click it.
That is the control for settings of Avast.
Then be sure to be on the tab marked *General*.

Then use the scroll bar on the right and scroll down to the section marked *Exclusions*  and click on the down arrow.
Click the browse button.

Navigate to the C drive and look for "C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware"
when found, then put a check mark by clicking on the check box for that line  ( that is our program).

Then click OK.

verify that this line is set to"C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware"

Avast will convert that into this  C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\*

That all goes in the tab marked File paths.
Then look for the tab marked URL s
click that  and then copy and paste this in there
*.mbamupdates.com

Then click the OK button at the bottom.
Then click the X button at the top to Close.

After this is done, RESTART Windows.  Wait for it to finish re-loading.  Have lots of patience.
Then you ought to be able to start our Malwarebytes program.

Hi,

Thank you for your detailed reply. I really appreciate it. I made sure I did everything you said. Firstly, I just deactivated ASC 9 while the process is going on. When it didn't work, I had it completely fully uninstalled, used CCleaner to clean out the registry just to be sure, and repeated the same process. Had a couple more restarts just to be sure, unfortunately, it still does not open.

One thing I noticed is, when you stated to add "*.mbamupdates.com" (without the quotations), it automatically adds an asterisk at the end and there is no way to have that deleted as it automatically comes back making it "*.mbamupdates.com*". So I don't know if this would help, just pointed out that one.

Anyway, hope you can still help me out.

Hello.

At this point, do a clean removal and new installation for Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.  See and follow this how to article link   

and after the installation finishes, be sure to click the blue-color line in the program, on the first screen, marked Update

then RESTART Windows when all that is done.

That is great news.   Thanks for letting me know.

To clean-up after some tools we used, Download Delfix from
https://toolslib.net/downloads/finish/2/
and save it to your desktop.

Ensure **Remove disinfection tools** is checked.
Click the **Run** button.
Reboot

Any other programs or logs that are still remaining, you can manually delete.

Safer practices & malware prevention:
Follow best practices when browsing the Internet, especially on opening links coming from untrusted sources.
First rule of internet safety: slow down & think before you "click".
Free games & free programs are like "candy".  We do not accept them from "strangers".
Never open attachments that come with unexpected ( out of the blue ) email no matter how enticing.
Never open attachments from the email itself.  Do not double click in the email.  Always Save first and then scan with antivirus program.

Never click links without first hovering your mouse over the link and seeing if it is going to an odd address   ( one that does not fit or is odd looking or has typos).

Use a Standard user account rather than an administrator-rights account when "surfing" the web.
See more info on Corrine's SecurityGarden Blog http://securitygarden.blogspot.com/p/blog-page_7.html
Dont remove your current login.  Just use the new Standard-user-level one for everyday use while on the internet.

Have a hardware router between the incoming internet-modem and your computer.

Configure your Antivirus software to check for updates daily, at a time in which you are sure the computer will be on.

Check in at http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com]Windows Update and install any Important Updates offered.

Make certain that Automatic Updates is enabled.
How to configure and use Automatic Updates in Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306525

Pay close attention when installing 3rd-party programs. It is important that you pay attention to the license agreements and installation screens when installing anything off of the Internet. If an installation screen offers you Custom or Advanced installation options, it is a good idea to select these as they will typically disclose what other 3rd party software will also be installed.
Take great care in every stage of the process and every offer screen, and make sure you know what it is you're agreeing to before you click "Next".

Check on other update issues as well, by getting, installing and using Secunia Personal Software Inspector (PSI) on a regular basis.
See How to detect vulnerable and out-dated programs using Secunia Personal Software Inspector ( by Flexera)
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial174.html

Keep your system and programs up to date. Several programs release security updates on a regular basis to patch vulnerabilities. Keeping your software patched up prevents attackers from being able to exploit them to drop malware.

We have a free version Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit (MBAE) that protects against exploit attacks in your browsers and Java, and a paid version that also protects additional applications such as MS Office.
https://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mbae_current/

I would recommend you install the Anti-Exploit in free use mode.

Thanks for choosing Malwarebytes.  Have a nice holiday weekend.