Virus that doesnt let me read any usb or partitioned unit in my disk but C://

Hi, this case is the worst that i've had in all my life, because in any other case you can just save your files, reinstall your operating system and move your files back, but this is quite different.

Few weeks ago I noticed that I couldn't read any usb in any port, whenever I tried it showed something like this: "Can't get access to E:\. Access Denied",

I thought it was a windows bug or something, so I was going to reinstall my O.S., I moved all my files to a server (because I cant connect anything in the USB ports...)

then when I tried to put a usb in the server, now the server shows the exact same message, then stupid me said, "Damn i need my outlook files (.pst), so I moved my .pst from the server to a brand new PC that I got for my birthday, I moved only 2 .pst and when I tried to connect a usb, it showed the exact same message again... the image below shows the error and how it shows my units in the windows explorer.

I scanned with malwarebytes and bitdefender but nothing shows

If anyone knows anything about this virus, please help this poor soul.

Have a nice day.

808ba2b5-a682-4588-a30a-708781b463b8.jpg

Sin título.png

Hello.

You have said

I scanned with malwarebytes and bitdefender but nothing shows

This pc runs on Windows 10 ?   What is the build number ?  1607 ?  or 1511 ?

The cannot access the USB drive does not necessarily have to mean that the machine has an infection.  It could be the age of the USB device.  It could be you need to reboot the machine.

All I can suggest is the following:

I would like you to do one more scan; this one from ESET security.  For a second opinion.

I'd suggest you run this  scan to help look for a virus or possible P U P or rogue that may be lurking. This scan can easily take upwards of an hour, so be run the scan when you don't need to use the computer for a while.
{ If you need help on this, then see this page http://www.eset.com/us/online-scanner/help/

You may use the stand-alone-eset installer.
Use this link to get and SAVE esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe _the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
from this link

You need to first SAVE the file to your system.  Save to the Downloads folder or the DESKTOP  ( for ease of use).

2.Double click on the esetsmartinstaller  icon on your desktop.

4.Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."
5.Click the Start button.

and proceed just as outlined before.   Reply ( click ) YES when prompted to allow the run by Windows U A C ( user account control).
Have patience while it downloads antivirus database definitions.

Click on Enable detection of potentially unwanted applications
Click on the blue line Adanced Settings
Choose the following settings in scan settings:

Select (check) Enable detection of potentially unwanted applications.

in advanced settings:
clear ( leave un-checked) Remove found threats

Select ( check-mark) Scan for potentially unsafe applications

Click on Start. The virus signature database will begin to download. This may take some time.
When completed the Online Scan will begin automatically.
Note: This scan might take a long time! Please be patient.
When completed select Uninstall application on close if you so wish, but make sure you copy the logfile first!
Now click on Finish

A logfile is created and located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Eset\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt.

Note: Do not forget to re-enable your antivirus application after running the above scan!

I will advise you more after I have had a chance to review that log file.

You will find a log-file for the results of the ESET scan that is named LOG.txt
It will be located under the Program Files structure of Windows in one of the folders listed below.  The report file is named LOG.txt
The folder constaining that report is this for 64-bit Windows.
C:\Program Files (x86)\ESET\ESET Online Scanner   

{ for 32-bit Windows systems it would be C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Online Scanner

• 2 weeks later...

Glad we could help. :)If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!