Sign in to follow this  
flapsje

Your license failed to activate.

Hi there,

I downloaded the beta from your website.

I installed it as an Administrator.
After installation it says ''Your license failed to activate''.
Do i need a license for this beta ? and how will i get hold of a license ?

I use Comodo Internet Security Premium v8.4.0.5076
I also use Malwarebytes Anti Malware and Malwarebytes Anti Exploit

cheers xD 

w5ykq24b.png

Hello flapsje and :welcome:

Do i need a license for this beta ? and how will i get hold of a license ?  I also use Malwarebytes Anti Malware and Malwarebytes Anti Exploit

Each and every installed MBARW Beta client has an embedded free license that needs only to be activated via the Malwarebytes' licensing server.  The client logs will allow a more thorough analysis.  Also, for these purposes, MBAE has no relationship to MBARW Beta.

Using the Windows built-in zip utility, please create the following 2, separate, zipped archives for MBARW developer team analysis:

1. Create a .zip archive of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware\
2. Create a separate .zip archive of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs\

Please attach the 2 zipped archives to your next reply.  Thank you for your beta testing contribution to the MBARW project and your valued feedback.

Hello flapsje:

An unofficial and cursory analysis of the attached archives report continuous failures to communicate with the Malwarebytes' licensing server.

For the free embedded MBARW Beta7 license to activate, and normal subsequent operations, a permanent path must exist between the MBARW Beta7 program, its files, and any URLs within the following Internet domain names:

mwbsys.com  and  malwarebytes.org

Please ensure that if any sort of proxy setting, HOSTS file entry, web filter/third party firewall applications are in use, that the above are regarded as Trusted.

A 3rd party security application may require the following permanent file exclusion:

%ProgramFiles%\Malwarebytes\Anti-Ransomware\MBAMService.exe

Please update this topic with the status of the beta testing system as you are able.  Thank you for participating in the MBARW Beta testing program and your valued feedback.

The file 'hosts' in My Computer - C - Windows - System32 - Drivers - etc was corrupt.

MBAM cleaned the file for me and the MBAR works like a charm :)

Thanks for your help and keep up the good work !

cheers xD

Ashampoo_Snap_2016.08.19_15h37m22s_002_.png

Edited by flapsje

Hello flapsje:

Thank you for the good news update.