YTD video downloader malware

Hi,

Im not an experienced computer user - I lack knowledge of software and don't understand much computer lingo, please keep that in mind. 

A couple of days ago i downloaded YTD video downloader and after that my computer started to act strange. At first it froze and i had to reboot manually. During boot it froze again and I had to turn it off manually once again. It diagnosed my computer and I had to restore. After the restore I were able to log on and use the computer for a few minutes until it froze again and i had to reboot manually once more. Every time i try to turn off the computer it freezes, and after that i have to restore as the first boot after a freeze never works.

Atleast it works decently now, it doesn't freeze at the desktop after a few minutes and i can use some programs, but it is very very slow. And i detected that my antivirus program and firewall is inactive and unable to start up. I've tried using AdwCleaner and it found 21 infected files, but as it forces me to reboot to remove the infected files it keeps freezing and after that it get stuck at boot, which leads to another manual reboot and another restore. I'm pretty much stuck in a loop as I'm unable to properly turn off the computer. 

I've also tried scanning with MBAM but after the scan is complete my computer crashes and I'm forced to do the above procedure once more. 

I'm not even able to do a scan with Farbar before it crashes. 

This might sound confusing, but I don't know how to describe it any better. Is my harddrive lost or is there anything i can do?

Regards
WhiteKN

Hello whitekn.

I will be guiding you as we go forward.  I do need to see other diagnostic information from this system, so that I can see about pinning down the source of this issue.
I would like to ask that you always attach any report or file I ask for, from time to time.
Some initial remarks.

First, Just how did you go about restoring Windows.  You said <<I had to restore.>>

and what version of Windows is this ?

All the freezup issues can well be signs of an unstable Windows operating system / an unstable installation.  That would be my first major concern.

All the freezups on shutdown or on starting up, or in running the system are obviously not good to have.  But having a good solid Operating System is a must-have, otherwise what one may try may be for nought.

IF it happens that there is a malware infection, I can help you to find it and to remove it.
IF this is all something other than that, I will so advise.

Please stop using Adwcleaner.  And please no more self-meidicating or fixes on your own.

I need to know the version of Windows on this machine.  If you have a Windows operating system DVD. If you had a backup of this system from before.
Also the name of the brand of antivirus.
Please let me know the Brand-name of antivirus on this machine.  Is it McAfee, TrendMicro, Norton / Symantec, Security Essentials, Avast, BitDefender,  Kaspersky, or some other brand, which one exactly?

I do need to see diagnostic information from this machine.  Please always attach the reports when you reply.
Download DDS and save it to your desktop from http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/dds.com here
or http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/dds.scr or
http://www.infospyware.net/sUBs/dds

Disable any script blocker if your antivirus/antimalware has it.
For directions on how, see How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=114351

Do NOT turn off the firewall

Double click dds to run the tool.

DDS will run in a command prompt window and will take 3 to 4 minutes or so.
Follow and answer the prompts as appropriate.

When done, DDS will open two (2) logs: DDS.txt & Attach.txt
Save both reports to your desktop.
Please attach following logs in your next reply:
DDS.txt
Attach.txt

Thank you @AdvancedSetup and @Maurice Naggar !

I will be on a businesstrip over the weekend so im unfortunatly not at home until monday.

I have windows 10, my computer keeps freezing and force me to manualy restart it, everytime i restart the comupter it automatically restores (to a previous point when it worked well, i guess). But its the same issue when im enter windows afterwards. 

I will do exactly what you're telling me to do. I let you know when im back.

/White KN

Edited by Maurice Naggar

Hi im back.

My antivirus is Bitdefender, And i dont have an operationsystem DVD, it was built in when i bought the machine. Im trying to find out what version it is.

I started tonight to download and install the first link you gave me http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/dds.com. i was pretty sure that the computer will restart itself afterwards. So i took some pictures so you know what happen. Its always the same. This is what happen:

First picture, Automatic Repair, shows everytime i start my comupter. Exacly the same happens if i press restore or cancel. So this time i pushed restore. The computer starts restoring and this take approximatley 10-15 minutes. 

So, after 10-15 minutes of restoring i enter windows and it takes another 5 minutes before i can click on anything, just loading. when i finally can, i run the link (2nd picture) and it starts loading for about 2-3 minutes and my screen turns black and it restarts itself (3rd picture) HP logo turns up and the five small dots in 4th picture runs for 15 seconds and freeze. 

Acctually, when this first happen, like 2 weeks ago, my computer started windows update and failed it because of this issue above. 
I notice that both my firewall and antivirus was disabled and has been since this first appeard. If I try to start the firewall, you know what happens, it freezes.

IMG_3349.JPG

IMG_3350.JPG

IMG_3351.JPG

IMG_3352.JPG

On the first screen when you have the "automatic repair", lets have you click on CANCEL.
and lets see what other options are then offered.

Note, I dont know why you have the snapshot showing DDS.  That requires Windows in order to run properly.
At this point, lets put DDS aside;  we are after just a stable normal Windows.

As to the last screens, as long as the dotted circle is going round and round, simply have infinite ( endless)    patience and let the machine have all the time it needs to try loading.
Let it go and go take a break away from it.  It may even go like that for an hour.  Personnaly, I would not give up on it as long as the dotted circles are moving.
and also in addition, you may want to move the mouse around just to see if it gets something displayed.

and also try pressing the ESCape key to see if that gets something moving.

• 2 weeks later...