DJAlex

Your search for chimera files

Hello DJAlex and :welcome:

1.) If the original malware (ransomware) that attacked/infected the system in question is still available to you, a submission to Newest Rogue-Ransomware Threats would afford Malwarebytes' researchers and developers the opportunity to determine if the malware is known to the anti-malware community.

2.) If you require assistance in decrypting the now encrypted files, you may wish to consider reading Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers and have one of the Malware Removal Experts assist you with your issue.

Thank you.

Edited by 1PW

Hi Spam Hunters,

thanks and thanks for answer. So the support send me to this forum, but i can open a new call again, to hope, they can help.

The importent point, we open this topic, was that on the blog are written: " If by any chance you are a victim of Chimera, capable to provide any of such evidence, please contact us. " so i don`t find, on what point we can get in contact :-)

Thanks

Hello DJAlex:

Thank you for contacting Malwarebytes.  If the system in question was running Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta (MBARW Beta), and if the following directories still exist when the attack took place, then please follow the instructions below in addition to the advice given above:

Using the Windows built-in zip utility, please create the following 2, separate, zipped archives for MBARW developer team analysis:

1. Create a .zip archive of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware\
2. Create a separate .zip archive of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs\

Please attach the 2 zipped archives to your next reply.  Thank you for your beta testing contribution to the MBARW project and your valued feedback.

1PW

Hi Spam Hunter,

i`m sorry, but we don`t have installed Malwarebytes Products on this mashine. I think, thats the reason, why they are attacked :-) We only want to help in files of chimera ransomware, but we have saved the encrypted files and wait, if someone can decrypt it in future. We search from time to time the internet and found the blog from Malwarebytes and think, that we can help, if we send you this encrypted files.

Hello DJAlex:

It is possible that you may be assisted in decrypting the encrypted files by following the instructions in my post #2, item #2 above.

Thank you.