Hi! I'm hoping you could help me.
I have noticed 3 IPs in the web exclusion section of Malwarebytes anti malware, which I didn't add. They got there by themselves, and I want to know how could this happen, what does it mean, what should I do?

The IPs are:

2016-08-05 21_53_11-Program Manager.png

Hello and welcome:

Over the years, I recall seeing a tiny handful of such reports.
AFAIK There's no way MBAM put those exclusions in there on its own, as it's not coded to be able to do so.
There is no "automatic" IP exclusion feature.

So it's not clear how they got there.

Having said that, the first is in Kazakhstan and the other 2 are in the Republic of Molodova.

That sounds suspicious for some sort of possible malware infection.
You might want to remove those exclusions, AND perhaps get a bit of help checking the system.

Such work is conducted in a special forum area reserved for that purpose, or at the help desk.

So, for expert assistance, I suggest that you please follow the advice in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.
It explains the options for free, expert help >>AND<< the suggested, preliminary steps to expedite the process.
A malware analyst will assist you with looking into your issue - the helper will guide you through scanning, cleanup and repair.

Thank you,

3 hours ago, daledoc1 said:

Daledoc1, thank you very much for the reply, I appreciate it.

Some of my accounts (2 emails and facebook) have been hacked, I freaked out and backed-up my files and made a system reset. 
But I have some questions, and I would be very grateful if you will answer and help me again. I want to understand what might have happened to my computer, to avoid such situations in the future.

Can the fact that my accounts got hacked be linked with those IP exclusions in MBAM?
If  there is no way for MBAM to put the exclusions on its own, how did they get there?
I understand, that you can't know for sure, but what are the most probable hypotheses of what did happen? In those other reports on this issue, what caused the IPs exclusion? 
Does it mean that someone got remote access to my computer? If yes, then how could that have happened? 

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

I also found entries on both of my PC's in the web exclusions which I did not put there.  Of course I removed them but I still do not how they were able to be there.  I have Norton Anti-virus and nothing is showing on either that or MB.  In view of the other entry about this topic and the date I feel that it is a recent development.

Hello and welcome, @James_Milton:

I recall seeing no more than a small handful of such reports over the years.

MBAM does not and cannot add IP exclusions to the web exclusions settings on its own.  AFAIK there has to be some sort of "user" interaction.

So, unless you or someone else with access to your computer may have inadvertently added those IPs, AFAIK there is no logical way they ended up their on their own.

You do not mention the IPs you're seeing there, but if they are overseas, then I would be concerned about possible malware on the computer.

You might want to remove those exclusions, AND perhaps get a bit of help checking the system.

Such work is conducted in a special forum area reserved for that purpose, or at the help desk.

So, for expert assistance, I suggest that you please follow the advice in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.
It explains the options for free, expert help >>AND<< the suggested, preliminary steps to expedite the process.
A malware analyst will assist you with looking into your issue - the helper will guide you through scanning, cleanup and repair.

Thank you,