Malwarebytes consistently crashing during full scan

AA23

I tried it yesterday night and it just stayed on a blank black screen for a decent length of time...when I reloaded today the logs made yesterday had gone from Hiren's. Should I be saving the logs to the USB itself rather than the desktop?

I'll try to reboot normally again now.

Ok, power your system off,  Hold down the Shift key and boot your system at the same time. Windows should open to the "Choose an Option" window....

From that window select "Troubleshoot" from the next window select "Advance Options" from  there select "Startup Repair"

If that fails go through that process again, this time select "System Restore" from there follow the prompts to run System Restore to any date prior to this issue happening..

If those all fail go through come back and let me know...

• Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Kevin. I know that it's been a while but I got busy with relatives and my laptop issues totally slipped my mind.

Anyhow, I held the shift key (the process that you mentioned in your last post) but it had no effect - it did not go to any Windows choose an option menu. I have a Lenovo T61 if that is any help.

I have been offered the opportunity to buy a new laptop, so the way I see it my 2 options are:

a) Buy the new laptop and totally destroy the current one. I recently changed all of my passwords but  I was thinking to totally destroy the computer (physically) to ensure that my information can't be accessed via it. Stupid question but for peace of mind, physical destruction should do the trick, right?

b) Buy the new laptop and continue fixing the infected one. Will I be at risk of my private information being accessed this way?

Oh and BTW, should I redo all of the procedures again since it has been such a lengthy amount of time since I last accessed it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!