Version 2.1.8.1057 won't update DB or scan!

Hello Malwarebytes staff,

I have a paid license & I'm using version 2.1.8.1057.  I have two major problems.  First, the database update will download but then it just hangs.  On the dashboard, the progress indicator will turn blue from left-to-right, but then nothing happens.  Second, the scanner refuses to function. When I click on the scan button, the first spinning wheel on the left-hand side is "check for updates". The scanning process hangs there and the software refuses to go any further. Please help me. Thanks so much.

Bill N.

Hello billnes and welcome to Malwarebytes,

lets try a clean install of Malwarebytes, see if that helps.....

Please download MBAM-clean and save it to your desktop.

• Right-click on mbam-clean.exe icon and select user posted image Run as Administrator to start the tool.
  • It will ask you to reboot the machine - please do so.
  • Run the cleaner tool again, re-boot when complete. <<<---do not miss this step

Download & install the newset MBAM version.

Please download user posted imageMalwarebytes Anti-Malware

• Install the progam and select update.
  • Once updated, click the Settings tab, in the left panel choose Detctions & protection and tick Scan for rootkits.
  • In the same tab, under PUP and PUM detections make sure it is set to Treat detections as malware.
  • Click the Scan tab, choose Threat Scan is checked and click Scan Now.
  • If threats are detected, click the Apply Actions button. You will now be prompted to reboot. Click Yes.
  • Upon completion of the scan (or after the reboot), click the History tab.
  • Click Application Logs and double-click the Scan Log.
  • At the bottom click Export and choose Text file.

Save the file to your desktop and include its content in your next reply.

If you have lost the activation licence key information it can be located here: http://www.cleverbridge.com/342/?scope=cusecolp

Let me know if that helps...

Thank you,

Kevin...

Hello Kevin,

After my original posting, I decided to try updating the program. I downloaded 2.2.1.1043 and installed directly over 2.1.8.1057.  That did the trick. Once I was on version 2.2.1.1043 the database download and installed with no problem. I then did a scan and came up clear. After reading your reply, I changed the settings as you described. Again, my scan came up clear. Thank you very much for taking the time to write back to me. I really do appreciate it. If I run into any other glitches or hiccups, I'll let you know.

Bill N.