[[Template core/front/global/favico is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]] Jump to content

Protetction disabled with no reason or problems with anniversary update Windows 10?

I don 't know why, but it's two days that I have the antiransowmware that is disabled. If I click on "start protection" nothing happens. The only thing that I've done to my PC in the last days is downloading the anniversary update of Windows 10. Do you know if this update can be related to the disable? I have another PC with with Windows 7 and ransomware is working with no problem. Please, let me know if you need some further information to try to give me an hand. Thanks in advance! 

I think that it was a coincidence that it happened after that upgrade... btw, I've read other posts in this forum, and I've done what suggested. So I have uninstalled it, deleted everything left related to the program and reinstalled it in safe mode as administrator. And it worked! ;-) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't think the disabling of Malwarebytes was accidental... I had trouble a couple weeks ago installing the anniversary update so I tried again today, and this was successful, but I noticed that Malwarbytes Anti-Malware (but not Anti-Exploit) was disabled upon first load of the anniversary update. Further, I found that Windows Defender had set itself running and as default and really did not want to go back down. I still don't see any listing for MB-AM in the startup apps, though it did apparently launch okay on this restart. *grumbles to herself in an insane fashion about M$ sucking audibly*

Hello EniNeu and :welcome:

This is the sub-forum for Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta (MBARW Beta).  Is this where you wished to post the above?  If not, I can request your post be moved to a more appropriate sub-forum.

Thank you and welcome again.