MBAM can't see mapped drives

Hi,

I've installed MBAM on a computer with numerous mapped drives, however, when I attempt to set up a custom scan, I see that MBAM apparently doesn't see any of the mapped drives.  The drives appear, of course, when I display 'Computer' or run 'net use'.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.  Apologies if there is more data that I should be attaching here...

Hello and Welcome to Malwarebytes :)

Let's try this first (I have tested on my system and I am able to see mapped drives)....

1. Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x
  2. If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and attach to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs(the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)
  3. NOTE: More info about v2.2.1 HERE; User Guide ONLINE; User Guide PDF; FAQ: Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank You,

Firefox

Edited by Firefox

Hi,

Thank you for your response and suggestions.  I carried out an mbam-clean type removal and reinstalled, but had the same result; MBAM is unable to see the same mapped drives that are shown by net use.  I had hoped to understand how MBAM might be attempting to view those drives, as there is some difference, and doubt that this is an MBAM issue, per-se, that someone had come across this specific problem.  

I did run the scans and took a look at the information in the FRST and Addition files.  I'm looking at the data to see if there is any indication of a problem; just installation data mainly, it seems and the same as our other PCs

I am evaluating the use of MBAM as a secondary tool on our network, hence I have installed on a few boxes, and only had this issue on one PC.  

Unfortunately, I can't post system install information, or I would have to clean it to such an extent that it wouldn't be meaningful.  

Will keep researching.  Any specific suggestions would be appreciated.

I completely understand if this response may not fit into the support model.

Regards,

David

You are going to have to be more specific on what you mean by "mapped Drives" as well as "... MBAM apparently doesn't see any of the mapped drives. "

Below you can see I have Z: mapped to \\DLipman-1\D$ ( administrative share )

\\DLipman-1 is a Windows 7 platform.

Image1.jpg

Here is MBAM showing that Mapped Drive (  Z: )

Image2.jpg

The following is showing the drive list adding a SUBSTituted drive.  Y:   SUBSTituted for   C:\Users\Admin\Documents

Image3.jpg

Here is MBAM showing that Mapped Drive (  Z: )  and the SUBSTituted drive ( Y: )

Image4.jpg

Edited by David H. Lipman

Sure.  Attached is the output of net use showing two network drives, mapped to S: and to H:.  As it turns out, we need to scan home drives from time to time, while S: is a large share that is scanned separately and once.

The second attachment just shows MBAM Custom Scan from the same PC, which sees only the local drives, for some reason.  

We need to perform a custom scan of folks' H: drives in general, but for some reason, it doesn't appear on this PC.

net.use.JPG

MBAM Custom Scan.JPG

OK.  Please note that this is the retail product support sub-forum where that is inconsistent with the MBAM retail product EULA.

If you have the corporate version, their support is in Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Business

In that case, I can request a Moderator move this thread there.

NOTE:  There is a Group Policy that can hide Drives set by a DWORD value set in the key "NoDrives" found under ...

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer