XP SP3 install/rollback issues, can they be virus related?

I installed windows xp sp3 a couple weeks ago and started having crashes with a video driver named IALMRNT5.dll. I tried to update the driver and that didnt solve the problem. Then I was told to rollback sp3 to sp2 and tried to but it says Files are missing. I applied a hotfix from microsoft that was supposed to fix the missing file error but it didn't. Then I tried to reinstall sp3 so I would have a complete program update to rollback from. That didn't work as my computer would not allow me to install sp3.

I keep getting this message of packed.generic.200 is found by Norton AV, but it won't remove it.

I ran malwarebytes and couldn't find anything wrong.

Any suggestions>

JL-

Greetings.

To get you fixed up please follow the instructions here:

I'm infected - What do I do now?

And post your logs in a new topic here:

Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs

Please be sure not to install any software or use any removal or scanning tools exept those that you are

instructed to by the expert who will be assisting you as doing so can make their job much more difficult.

note: if for some reason you are unable to run some or any of the tools in the first link, then skip that step and move on to the next one.

If you can't even run HijackThis, then just post here: Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs describing your issues and an expert will reply with further instructions.

I hope I was helpful. Good luck and safe surfing. :unsure: