MWB Anti-Ransomware Won't Run

Marula

Hello,

Regretfully I cannot find anywhere to put this appeal for help in your extremely convoluted system. It took me an

hour to register for this forum: three brand new Email addresses and five usernames were rejected. Not to mention

the ridiculous picture show security check.

Having got that off my chest:  I redownloaded the latest MWB AntiRansom file, but it has a problem in that it won't

run. Protection isn't running. [Start protection] and [Fix now] do not work and the programme can't be activated.

Regards,

Jeemag/Cheemag/Marula/JimD (take your pick of rejected usernames)

Hello Marula and :welcome:

I am sorry you had so much trouble to get this far.  I will assist you with the next two steps:

1.) A request has been made so that your topic will be moved, by a forum Administrator/Moderator, to the Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta sub-forum.  You need not take any further action for this.

2.) Using the Windows built-in zip utility, please create the following 2, separate, zipped archives for MBARW developer team analysis:

• Create a .zip archive of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware\
  • Create a separate .zip archive of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs\

Please attach the 2 zipped archives to your next reply.  Thank you for your forthcoming beta testing contribution to the MBARW project and your valued feedback.

Edited by 1PW

Hi, @Marula:

Alas, @Cheemag and @Jeemag usernames are already taken.  That is why they were rejected when you tried to use them.  The forum software does not permit duplicates -- IOW it does not permit 2 different members to use the same username.

Just checking, though: are you by any chance reporting that these 3 usernames (Cheemag, Jeemag and Marula) are all your accounts?
If so, the forum staff will likely work with you to reduce the number of forum accounts to 1.  Having multiple accounts is not necessary, could be confusing for everyone and I am pretty sure is not permitted.

Sorry for the trouble.
@1PW will assist you further and escalate your report of an MBARW F/P, if needed, to the appropriate staff.

Regards,