Activation issue

Hello and :welcome:, @Lynsch

EDIT: OOPS, @David H. Lipman.  We must have been posting at the same time. I've asked the forum team to split this off. But, we can start to gather info while we wait.

---------------------------

@Lynsch, please start here, if you wish....

This is a terribly ancient thread from a long-ago extinct version of MBAM.  So the forum mod team may split off both your post and our subsequent replies. No worries, though.

Let's see if we can get you fixed up.

First, a subscription license lasts 1 or 2 years.  So, I'm not sure why your license is expired, if you bought it in May 2016.  Was it May 2015, perhaps?

Next: you do not need the disk to reinstall.  It will be a VERY old, outdated version of the program.  If you purchased MBAM as a BOXED CD, you will only need the license information (likely just a KEY or perhaps a license ID AND a KEY) included in the box, not the disk itself. 
If you purchased your MBAM online and bought an "extra" "backup" CD, then you do not need the disk.  You just need the license info. That license info would be in the confirmation email from cleverbridge or from the seller.

So, let's start there.  Please locate the license information, either on the CD sleeve/card (boxed CD purchase) OR in the confirmation email or other documentation from the original transaction (if you purchased online).

Please post back when you have the license info.

EDIT: Please do NOT NOT NOT post the license information directly here in the forum. Please just tell us when you have located it.

Thanks,

Edited by daledoc1
clarify

I do have that info but every time I tried to enter it would not let me complete it.  I put in the ID and so soon as I start to put in the KEY the ID line goes blank.  I have tried it forward and backwards to no avail. I am at a loss as to what to do.  And it was May of 2016, three months ago, so it should not be asking me to renew at all.

Hi, @Lynsch:

In most cases the best way to resolve activation issues is to open a ticket at the Help Desk for direct, one-on-one help via email.
The support team members have access to information that we here in the forum do not.

• If you already have a ticket at the Help Desk, please try to be patient.  The Help Desk is busy, and they are also assisting users with technical support and malware cleanup cases.
    • Please do not open multiple tickets there -- doing so will slow down the process and could delay their response to you.
  • If you do NOT already have a ticket at the Help Desk, you may open one HERE.
    • Please provide the Help Desk with as much of the following information as possible (but do NOT post this sensitive information here in this forum):
      • Name of purchaser
      • Email address of purchaser
      • Date of purchase
      • cleverbridge reference number (or details about the seller, if it was NOT the Malwarebytes online store)
      • MBAM license ID and Key information
      • Screen shots of any error messages or other dialogs
  • Either way, please be sure to check your spam and junk mail folders, to verify that the emails from the Support team did not land there by mistake.

In the interim, you may wish to perform a CLEAN REINSTALL of MBAM -- the setup wizard will offer a 14-day Trial with the full, premium features, while you sort out the licensing issues.  (1 Trial per PC per MBAM program version)

Thank you for your patience and understanding,