0xc000001d error - CENSORED TOPIC

In the following thread, Root Admin says:

"MBAM System Requirements were clarified with the latest release"

and

"Please download the special installer from this page."

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/topic/170731-0xc000001d-error-failed-to-initialize/

Both of these statements are FALSE.  The download page does not clarify the system requirements and the download link in that thread is broken.

I understand that people make mistakes, but I find it very annoying when people blatantly lie, and then lock the topic so no one can complain about it.  The arrogance and rudeness of Malwarebytes seems to have no end.  They just dont care how much of the users time is wasted by their lying, laziness, and product misrepresentation.  If you cannot simply disable SSE2 optimizations at compile time, the least you could do is post a simple statement on the download page like this:

The following CPU's are not supported due to the lack of an SSE2 instruction set:
Intel Pentium III, AMD Athlon XP, VIA C3, Transmeta Crusoe, Intel Quark

Why do you censoreders continue to needlessly waste the users time by forcing them to troubleshoot cryptic error messages?  We will never purchase another new Windows machine that is designed to have backdoors and spyware.  We dont use this old hardware for daily work but millions of people see no reason to throw a perfectly good LCD display in the trash that could be used to monitor traffic from an IDS/firewall appliance.  Why cant the Malwarebytes installer work the same as other installers: they just say the CPU is unsupported and thats the end of it.  No muss, no fuss.  If you are lazy and stupid in one area, I cannot trust your software to do other tasks properly.

Both of these statements are FALSE.

Really?

The download page does not clarify the system requirements

Ron never said that the requirements were specified in the download page, however they are specified in the appropriate support article.

https://support.malwarebytes.com/customer/portal/articles/1834851-what-are-the-system-requirements-to-run-malwarebytes-anti-malware-?b_id=6438

• 800 MHz CPU or faster with SSE2 technology

the download link in that thread is broken.

Works for me.

muw0vgV.png

Right now, I don't consider that Malwarebytes is wasting your time, it would be quite the opposite since I had to take my own time (I don't work for Malwarebytes however) to prove to you that you didn't do appropriate research before posting here.

• Root Admin

Hello @r7t8

I'm sorry that you're having issues locating the information concerning the lack of certain processor support. The information is on the main product page near the bottom under Tech specs.

https://www.malwarebytes.com/antimalware/

Software Requirements
Windows 10 (32/64-bit)
Windows 8.1 (32/64-bit)
Windows 8 (32/64-bit)
Windows 7 (32/64-bit)
Windows Vista (Service Pack 1 or later, 32/64-bit)
Windows XP (Service Pack 2 or later, 32-bit only)
Internet Explorer 6 or newer

Hardware Requirements:
2048 MB RAM (64-bit OS)
1024 MB RAM (32-bit OS, except 256 MB for Windows XP)
800 MHz CPU or faster with SSE2 technology
20MB of free hard disk space
1024x768 or greater screen resolution
Active internet connection for database and product updates

Side note: SSE2 Technology

SSE2, Streaming SIMD Extensions 2, is one of the Intel SIMD (Single Instruction, Multiple Data) processor supplementary instruction sets first introduced by Intel with the initial version of the Pentium 4 in 2001. It extends the earlier SSE instruction set, and is intended to fully replace MMX

SSE2 - Wikipedia

By 2004 even AMD had added such support to their main processors. In theory, one would probably need to have a computer older than about 2005 or so not to have support for SSE2 - I'm sure it's possible that there are some computers even newer possibly up to about 2008 being built or sold with very old hardware that was even obsolete at the time but was cheap. 

One has to realize when working with any computer that is over 5 years old that there may be a need to verify that certain drivers and software are in fact still compatible with an old computer. In this case, the computer would almost certainly have to be over 10 years old.

Thank you for your understanding and again I apologize that you were not able to easily find the requested information.

Edited by AdvancedSetup