I was Dailymotion on my Android phone and I was trying to watch a video but Firefox wouldn't load the video so I opened it in the Lucid Browser and soon as I tried to play the video my browser was hijacked and it was acting like it was downloading something and tried to force/trick me into installing a couple of apps from Google Play. Because of this I have less trust in Dailymotion now.:angry:

So was this a fluke or is Dailymotion known for having malware?

Hi:

It appears to be safe:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dailymotion.dailymotion&hl=en

...but I suppose it would depend on whether you have the bonafide, official version from the official source.

Have you scanned your Android device with MBAM-Mobile and your AV?

Thanks,

P.S. The forum mod team might move this post to the MBAM-Mobile forum section, which focuses on malware/issues on the Android platform. No worries, though.;)

On 7/29/2016 at 4:58 PM, daledoc1 said:

Hi:

It appears to be safe:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dailymotion.dailymotion&hl=en

...but I suppose it would depend on whether you have the bonafide, official version from the official source.

Have you scanned your Android device with MBAM-Mobile and your AV?

Thanks,

P.S. The forum mod team might move this post to the MBAM-Mobile forum section, which focuses on malware/issues on the Android platform. No worries, though.;)

I was viewing it in my browser not the Dailymotion app and yes I scanned with both Avast and Malwarebytes they found nothing in fact I brought my to cellular carrier and they checked if the firmware if it was changed at all and it came up clean. But its strange that this one video I was trying to watch loaded scareware and tried tricking me into installing some apps from Google Play it even told me in my browser from of a fake Google page that I had 3-4 viruses. So this was definitely scareware.

Hi Baldape,

The Dailymotion app from the Play Store is safe to use. What you are likely seeing are some bad Ad affiliates, they can hijack the browser and throw up pop-up windows. Unfortunately Chrome and other mobile browsers are very good and blocking these, because it is browser based MBAMM cannot block.

Regards,

-Armando

On 8/4/2016 at 10:58 AM, a_Mbam said:

Hi Baldape,

The Dailymotion app from the Play Store is safe to use. What you are likely seeing are some bad Ad affiliates, they can hijack the browser and throw up pop-up windows. Unfortunately Chrome and other mobile browsers are very good and blocking these, because it is browser based MBAMM cannot block.

Regards,

-Armando

Thats probably why that Dailymotion video wouldn't play in Firefox for Android because I have an adblocker installed but its kinda strange other videos played fine in Firefox but that one video probably had bad Ad affiliates like you said, I just wish I knew what video that was so they can remove it.