Malwarebytes Issue After Upgrading to Windows 10

I have just upgraded to Windows10 and Anti-Malware Bytes Premium crashes every time. The app won't run at all. It comes up warning of "Not Protected". The FIX NOW button is unresponsive, but the SCAN NOW button works. It goes off and tries to check for updates - and crashes after 5 sec. This is completely repeatable, reboot does not help. Appears this app is now dead. Any ideas?

Hello exegesis:

It has been discovered that frequently after an upgrade to Windows 10, some vendor's applications must be reinstalled.

Let's begin here:

1. Please try the following and reply if this corrects your issue: MBAM Clean Removal Process 2.x.
  2. If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and individually attach the 3 requested logs in a reply to this thread: Diagnostic Logs.
  3. The 3 files, from Step 2, to be individually attached from your desktop are: CheckResults.txt, FRST.txt and Addition.txt. Please do not Copy and Paste them into a reply.

Please update the status of your issue in a reply to this thread.

Thank You.

Hi,

I ran the tool, file attached. In the time it took for your reply I was reading further on the forum, it suggested a clean uninstall and reinstall. I did that, and, with some issues (noted below) AMB now appears to be functioning.

Firstly – with reinstall of AMB main app: the first thing it does is “check for updates” – exactly where the original app crashed every time. This new install took over 10 minutes to finally get past this step. I have no other connectivity issues, and am on an extremely fast connection (1Gbps) so either it’s an update server issue or something in the software build or interaction with Windows??

Maybe you can see something in the logs…

CheckResults.txt

Hello exegesis:

The only attached log, in the post above, indicates the computer may benefit from a general clean-up or that a possible negative interaction with other security applications and those clean-up actions are not permitted in this sub-forum.

I recommend following the advice from the topic: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers and have one of the Malware Removal Experts assist you with your issue.  This recommendation does not imply that the system is infected.

If, as recommended, you do open a topic in Malware Removal Help, please make reference to this thread.

If you would like to get off to a very fast start, the Malware Removal Experts would appreciate it if you would also attach (not copy/paste) both the FRST.txt and the Addition.txt output diagnostic reports from only Log Set 1 into your new topic.  Please do not tick, nor untick, any pre-configured FRST categories.

Thank you.