Not Responding Message

I'm running the free version on a friend's computer who is running Windows 10. It is version 2.2.1.1043. The program scanned fine although it took about 50 minutes. It found about 500 entries. I went to the quarantine section to delete the found entries. I clicked to delete all, and then got the Not Responding message at the top of the program window. When I place the cursor over the active window I see the blue round circle spinning. The hard drive light is pounding. I really can't tell if the program is doing anything. It's been running for a good 20 minutes.

Should I end the program or should I let it continue to run? If I should continue to let it run, how long should I let it run for?

Thanks for any thoughts. 

BTW, I am a premium user myself, if that makes any difference. 

Hello and welcome back:

Yes, it *can* take a while for the cleaning process to complete on a heavily infected system, especially with older hardware.

If it does not finish up after another period of letting it work, then you may need to close the program down.
You can then try again.
Alternatively, since it sounds as if the computer is pretty infected, you might want to head over to the malware removal section of the forum.
I suggest starting with the advice here: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers.
It explains the options for free, expert help >>AND<< the preliminary steps to expedite the process.
A malware helper will guide you through the scanning, cleanup and repair.

Thanks,