MBAM 2.2.1.1043 - "Your system is not fully protected"

The system tray icon for MBAM shows a red circle with a white exclamation point in the middle of it. When I open MBAM, a red "Fix Now" box is visible, but when I click on it, nothing happens. In addition, "Real-Time Protection" states: "No protection". How can this problem be fixed? Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Hello.
Using Windows Explorer, go to this folder on your system C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\Plugins
or it may be at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\Plugins

You will see a Fixdamage.exe
Double click on it to start it to run.

It should run fairly quickly.

I would like for you to start the program.
Click on the Settings icon at the top bar up at top.
Then click the Advanced Settings button at the left.
Be sure all top 3 lines on that window are check-marked ( selected ).

Click the Settings icon >> then Detection and Protection
are the 2 protections on for Malware protection + Malicious website protection ?

Click whichever one is not "ON" slowly and wait just a bit. They typically will get going but require some patience.

Then too, sometimes after doing the above, you also need to do a Start >> Logoff >> Shutdown >> Restart.

Please let me know the results.

IF no joy, then need more details from you & your machine.
Please let us know right away the Brand-name of antivirus on this machine.  Is it McAfee, TrendMicro, Norton / Symantec, Security Essentials, Avast, BitDefender,  Kaspersky, or some other brand, which one exactly?

also:
This tool will collect some information on the installation of Malwarebytes and create a report I need to review:

NOTE: You may need to temporarily turn off your antivirus if it interferes with this tool.

Download mbam-check.exe and save it to your desktop    "from this link"
On Vista/Windows 7, 8, 10, Right-click on mbam-check-2.3.2.0.exe & select Run as Administrator & allow to Run when prompted by User Account Control.

Do have patience while the tool runs.  It may take a while, and will flash a command prompt window.  And then it will start your text editor ( default is typically NOTEPAD).

It should then open a log file CheckResults.txt.  Just do a File >> Exit in NOTEPAD.
You should attach the CheckResults.txt file located on your desktop so that I can review.

• 2 weeks later...