I Keep Being Alerted By Malwarebytes For The Same PUP File

So, I've mainly used AVG for the past few years because it proved to be fairly reliable. But then I got the infamous MPC cleaner virus and AVG proved useless. So I download Malwarebyes (I heard it should be able to help) and ran a scan after updating it. A little bit later I'm repeatedly getting a pop-up about a PUP file related to my virus. As I type it's probably alerted me about 300 times. I have my setting set to treat them as malware yet it's not quarantining it or anything. Just notifying me over and over again. I don't know if I need to link exactly what file it is or the vendor or whatever but from my experience with this sort of stuff I'm going to assume I should. I obviously want to know how to do 2 things. 1. Get it to stop messaging me already! 2. remove this file.

Vendor: PUP.Optional.MorePowerfulCleaner

Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\MPC Cleaner\AdPopWind.exe

Hello and :welcome:

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button. button.

x5o4gh.png

• It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.

• The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

As a side note: If I can't get rid of virus useing Malwarebytes, I'd really appreciate it if someone knows any other way to get rid of it. So for it's been to clever for anything I've tried (such as literally right-clicking on the files and pressing delete. Then it just says I don't have the administrative permission even though I am the sole owner of this computer and also know enough about computers to know how to give myself admin permission.

So, this is awkward, and incredibly weird. The pop-up randomly stopped happening and Malwarebytes quarantined them (all 1,000 of the same file). with a quick restart everything appears to be fixed.I have no idea what caused this but I guess this topic should probably be closed now. Sorry for wasting your time TwinHeadedEagle.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Glad we could help. :)If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!