Windows 7 to 10 upgrade - uninstall MBAM first?

Hello.

I would appreciate any help from the forum in advising on preparing for a Windows 7 to Windows 10 upgrade.  I am unsure as to whether I need to completely uninstall both MBAM and Anti-Exploit completely before activating the upgrade, and if so, do I need to complete a full clean removal of MBAM, together with deactivating my account.  I have a Lenovo Thinkstation with Windows 7 (64 bit), Professional, SP1

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thank you

Hi:

Welcome back.  Theoretically, as MBAM 2.2.1.1043 (and MBAE) are compatible with Win10, it ought not to be strictly necessary.

However, as mentioned here, "best practices" would probably be to temporarily uninstall (using the vendor's removal tool, when available), both your AV and MBAM and MBAE.
It will be important to reboot the computer after the removal.
This will clear out accumulated logs/quarantine and potentially wonky settings, and it may reduce the chance of minor MBAM/MBAE corruption during the upgrade.

>>Please be sure you have your license information for both programs handy and be sure to deactivate your MBAM Premium license before you start the removal.  To deactivate your MBAM license, just open the dashboard > click "My Account" > click "Deactivate".

Then, after you have performed the Win10 upgrade and have fully updated Windows with all available patches, reinstall your AV (unless you plan to use Windows Defender), and then reinstall MBAM and MBAE and activate them.

Also, there are many checklists/guides to help prepare for the Win10 upgrade.
Here is one: http://www.howtogeek.com/225241/update-to-windows-10-headache-free-with-a-pre-upgrade-checklist/

Please post back if you need more help.

Thanks,