Gmail phoishing warning

detsi

While checking my emails from my son's laptop I found a message in Spam that Google warned me was phishing. Before I finished reading the warning the message suddenly disappeared. I did not consciously  click any links or even read the message but I would like to recover it to delete it. I would like to know : a) could the message have been removed after opening by my son's malware protection software (McAfee)? 2) could my son's machine or email account be compromised even though he does not use Gmail? 3) could my gmail account be compromised even though I opened the email on a different machine?

I'm sorry, this new forum software had a brain fart and did not show you replied.  angry2.gif

RE:  Last post errata

If you access Google Mail ( GMail ) via a web browser then Mcafee AV could not act upon the email message.  McAfee AV could only act upon the email message if the you used a Messaging Application Programming Interface ( MAPI ) compliant email client to access Google Mail.

There just isn't enough information to draw conclusions.

Edited by David H. Lipman