Issues with imgur?

Are there any issues with imgur?

Have been trying to upload images. That went fine, until -say- the last week or so.
When I the usual drag-and-drop, files are submitted for upload and the status remains 'uploading...'
Nothing happens at all. Files are not uploaded.
This is also the case when I use the browse mode, to select the file.

I also checked whether using Edge would be more successful.
There drag-ad-drop and/or browse to upload was even not allowed... (see screenshot)

Clearing cookings, cache, etc. does not make any difference.

I then went on to try uploading using Firefox within a VMware Workstation. There things went fine.
But the VM only holds Firefox, Chrome and nothing else. No A/V, nothing.

On the Host-PC I disabled Emsisoft, but that didn't make any difference.

Question: any issues MBAM<->imgur?

Thanks

=

SnagIt-20072016 080339.png

Hello and welcome back, @mbw62:

Every computer is unique, but....

...Image uploading to imgur.com works just fine here on both Win7/64-bit and Win10/64-bit systems under Firefox 47.0.1 (with NoScript and ABP) running both MBAM Premium and MBAE Premium and KIS2016. I tested both "drag and drop" and "browse".

Can you please clarify: do you think the problem you're experiencing is somehow related to MBAM?

If you think MBAM is the cause, does temporarily exiting from MBAM's real-time protection (right-click on MBAM system tray icon > "exit") resolve the issue? Perhaps you could please ATTACH an MBAM PROTECTION log to your next reply (let us know if you need help with that).

If you do not think MBAM is the cause, then you might want to check your browser settings for some sort of ad-blocking or script-blocking settings that could be blocking it?  Or perhaps something in your anti-virus?

Thanks,

P.S. As this does not appear to be an MBAM issue, the forum mod team might move this thread to "PC Help". No worries, though.

Thanks for the feedback. I have really no idea what is blocking the process.imgur seems to be working on a new gui, but I am not sure whether that has anything to do with it. As said on my VM using the same Firefox but with no A/V or MBAM installed, uploading was no issue.

As I haven't changed anything myself (like adding new programs), I assumed that some proctection software might... be the cause.
Might ... It was a 'long shot' - I saw some older posts om imgur here on the forum. It isn't ABP I think. With me, for imgur, it has always been disabled.

Anyway, forget it, I need to investigate further, seems no one has this issue...

btw I have added a short video showing the issue, just fwiw only.

Thanks again!

=

SnagIt-Video-200716-140222.mp4

Ah, thanks for the clarification.

Uncle Google may have led you to posts from ~9 or 10 months ago (or longer?) when MBAM had to block the entire imgur.com domain because it (imgur.com) had suffered a major security breach.  That problem was resolved long ago.  AFAIK, MBAM is not currently blocking imgur.com or the file upload process.

Thanks again,

Later ..
Started Firefox without add-ons, start FF whilst pressing shift-key.
(yes... I confess... I should have thought of this earlier)

Uploading was no problem now.
Question is: which add-on is blocking the action. Maybe it was DownThemAll.
Disabled it, restarted Firefox - upload to imgur went fine now.
Thought it would be worthwhile being mentioned here.

=

• Root Admin

Here are some generic reset instructions if needed to put it back to original.

Internet Explorer
How to reset Internet Explorer settings

Firefox
Click on Help / Troubleshooting Information then click on the Reset Firefox button.

Chrome

I would like to reset Chrome back to defaults to completely clear out what is going on with Chrome.

You can keep your “Bookmarks” if you want to keep them, but you have to export them first – >> Export Bookmarks << – Everything else should be removed.

Then I need you to go to >> Google Sync << and sign into your account.
Scroll down until you see the reset sync button and click on the button
At the prompt click on Ok.

Reset Your Browser Settings

1. In the top-right corner of the browser window, click the “Chrome Menu” icon (Three horizontal lines)
  2. Select Settings.
  3. At the bottom, click Show advanced settings…
  4. Scroll down until you see “Reset settings”, Then click on the button Reset Settings.
  5. In the dialog that appears, click Reset.

Close Chrome and restart it and check it out