Pop-up 'malicous website blocked, outbound'

• Staff

Hello Castiron

I would like to welcome you to Malwarebytes support, my name is William and I will be helping you out today.

It sounds like that these blocks are coming from a Malvertising campaign on one of the ad-networks on the website

First thing I would do is to install an ad blocker if you do not have one. The one I like to use is Adblock plus and it is free – https://adblockplus.org/

If you are still getting the blocks after installing an adblocker then I would want you to reset the browser- https://www.pcrisk.com/how-to-remove-spyware/reset-browser-settings

Then please come back and let me know if this did or did not work for you.

William

• Staff

Greetings

I have not heard from you in a couple of days so I am coming by to check on you to see if you are having problems or you just need some more time.

Also to remind you that it is very important that we finish the process completely so as to not get reinfected. I will let you know when we are complete and I will ask to remove our tools

• Staff

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

I would also like you to rerun “FRST” for me again and send me the new report for me to check over.

If you cannot find where you saved “FRST” the first time then here are the links again for you.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your computer. If you are not sure which version applies to your computer, then download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your computer, and that will be the right version.

For 32-bit (x86) editions of Windows: >> FRST.exe <<

For 64-bit (x64) editions of Windows: >> FRST64.exe <<

1. Run the “FRST” download that works on your computer
  2. When the tool opens click Yes for the disclaimer in order to continue using “FRST”.
  3. Under the section called “Whitelist” make sure all boxes are checked
  4. Under the section called “Optional Scan” I would like you to have a check mark next to “Addition.txt”
  5. Press the Scan button.
  6. When the scan is done, it will save the reports to the same location as “FRST” (if you had saved “FRST” on your desktop, then the reports will be saved on the desktop).
  7. Please attach the “FRST.txt” and the “Addition.txt” log file to your next reply to me (it is best if you do not copy and paste it into an e-mail).

When you reply back to me you should have Two reports for me and I need you to tell me how things are doing.
FRST.txt
Addition.txt

Hi Gringo,

I'd assumed that the pop-ups came from the Malwarebytes programme to alert me to suspicious activity.

Something that has happened in the last couple of days is that Windows update installed an update without my permission...I have it set to allow me to choose which updates to install, rather than automatic, to allow teething problems to be avoided (I've had BSOD before). I install the security updates after a week or two. However this windows update, that installed itself ( a security update) has improved speed of start up, internet access, etc. Much improved now. So hope this info is useful. The update relates to Microsoft's KB317725. I'll be happy to install the remaining latest security updates if you advise it.

Files attached as requested.

Castiron

FRST.txt

Addition.txt

Edited by Castiron

• Staff

Hello Castiron

Now I need you to download this script that I have made for you --> fixlist.txt

It needs to be saved Next to the  "Farbar Recovery Scan Tool" (FRST) program (If asked to overwrite existing one please allow)

Run FRST again but this time press the Fix button just once and wait.

When finished, it will make a log (fixlog.txt) next to FRST. Please attach the contents of this file to your reply.

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system

Gringo