Malwarebytes Renewal Emails

MEichner

I received a request from what appears to be Malwarebytes for me to renew my license.  My software explained I have 6 days left on my current license.  There was no statement as to how much my renewal cost would be.  Since I have trust in Malwarebytes,  I chose to renew using my PayPal account even though there was no statement of the cost of renewal.  Immediately after I renewed I received no email confirmation from either Malwarebytes OR PayPal.  I thought this was strange and went to my PayPal account and found NO confirmation of my purchase.

I have contacted PayPal and now I am contacting Malwarebytes NOT knowing if this email was Phishing or really from Malwarebytes.  May I respectfully suggest if this was a Malwarebytes email I received ... there should be more information on the email ... such as expense.

Thank You,

MEichner

• Root Admin

Normally you could click on my user name and on my profile there would be an option to send me a message. However let's go ahead and have you open a ticket directly with support and they can assist you further with this issue.

https://support.malwarebytes.com/customer/portal/emails/new?b_id=6438

Thank you

Ron

Hi Ron,

I too got an email and my Malwarebytes icon has an exclamation mark. When I click the link in the e-mail or the “Renew my license” button in your software I go to a page on https://subscribe.malwarebytes.com that states I need to update my Payment Info. When I do so I’m taken to a new page that asks me to provide the payment details. I’ve set it to PayPal three times now but still nothing changes. Also I’m promised to receive an e-mail with further instructions about the payment which never gets to my mailbox.

Thank you in advance,

Martijn

• Root Admin

There may be some blocking going on for PayPal.

Please make sure you're on a computer you know to be safe and free from any malware threats and log into your PayPal account and verify if there are any transactions or not and let me know, please.

Thanks again

Ron

• Root Admin

PayPal should be okay, why it's not taking it or keeping it I'm not sure. I really think contacting our Support Team is the best option here as they can help you directly so there is no concern about priivacy for licening or payment here on the forum.

Thank you again

Ron