Anti-Exploit not Starting

Jeemag

Hello,

I have Anti-Exploit Premium installed on Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP-1 Up-to-date.

mbae.exe is in the Startup and appears in Task Manager as mbae.exe*32, but there is no icon in the system tray (hidden or unhidden).

To get the reassurance that it's running, I have to stop mbae.exe*32 in Task Manager and start mbae.exe from my file manager, after which it runs for the duration in the system tray.

Is there a workaround for this ? 

It's a 64-bit machine but this programme appears to be running a 32-bit version despite there being a 64-bit executable in the application folder.

Regards

Cheemag

On 13/07/2016 at 10:27 AM, daledoc1 said:

Hello, @Jeemag:

In order to better assist @pbust with troubleshooting, I suggest that you please follow the advice in this pinned topic: [README FIRST] >>> Posts here need to include MBAE logs <<<

Then, please attach BOTH the archived/zipped MBAE logs AND the 2 logs from FRST (FRST.txt and Addition.txt).

Thanks,

Attached contents of C:\Users\Owner\<MWB Exploit Stuff>

MWB-Anti-Exploit.7z

• Root Admin

Further instructions for FRST if needed.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.
You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply as well.

• Root Admin

Hello @Jeemag sorry for the delay. I've looked at your logs and did not see anything obvious that would be stopping it unless possibly your antivirus was maybe blocking it.

If you can try temporarily disabling your antivirus and see if it will launch then or not and let us know, make sure you re-enable your antivirus. If that does not help then we might need to have someone help you take a deeper look at a possible infection or other cause.

5 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Hello @Jeemag sorry for the delay. I've looked at your logs and did not see anything obvious that would be stopping it unless possibly your antivirus was maybe blocking it.

If you can try temporarily disabling your antivirus and see if it will launch then or not and let us know, make sure you re-enable your antivirus. If that does not help then we might need to have someone help you take a deeper look at a possible infection or other cause.

No problem.

I've solved it:  This machine has the 'black square icons' fault where all the desktop icons have been replaced by black squares. The icon cache has to be rebuilt at every boot to restore the icons. Mbae is in fact running and the icon showing in the tray - until the cache is rebuilt and Explorer restarted, then the mbae icon disappears from the tray although the prog is still running.

I'm stuck with it unless and until I solve this icons problem.

Regards

Cheemag