Unable to open

Hello and welcome, @malsharp:

The logs show that you have an older version of MBAM installed (version 2.2.0).

The current version is 2.2.1.1043.

There are some other things going on with this system that may require some deeper work for cleanup/repair.  But let's see if we can't get you updated to the current version.

For starters, let's try this:

1. Please follow all the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x
    1. It's very important to reboot when prompted by the removal tool.  It's a good idea to reboot again after the reinstall.
  2. If that does not correct the issue, then it would help to get a FRESH SET of all 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)

Thank you,

P.S. Your logs show that you are running 64-bit Windows 10 on very old hardware (Pentium processor) and only 2 GB of RAM -- is that correct?

Well Bisto!

Obviously had an older version which was not deleted when I downloaded my licenced one a few days ago-but deleted it then as advised by you and reinstalled..

All now working and did a full scan with 183 threats found and deleted,so hopefully will fix the problem.

Spent about a day before your advice trying out the suggested fixes.

Thanks very much indeed!

Malcolm

Excellent!

I'm glad you were able to resolve your issue.

Without seeing the scan logs, it's hard to say for sure, but it does sound as if you were/are infected.

If you wish, you might want to get a bit of free, expert help with deeper scans and cleanup, just to be sure.
Such work is conducted in a special forum area reserved for that purpose, or at the help desk.

If so, I suggest that you might want to please follow the advice in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.
It explains the options for free, expert help >>AND<< the suggested, preliminary steps to expedite the process.
A malware analyst will assist you with looking into your issue - the helper will guide you through scanning, cleanup and repair.

Thank you again,

Edited by daledoc1