Forums Update: IPS Community Suite 4.1.13.2

• Administrators

IPS Community Suite 4.1.13.2 was pushed to our site on Saturday, July 9, 2016 (around 815a PDT). Check out the release notes here: https://invisionpower.com/release-notes/41132-r48/

Please continue to let us know your thoughts and of course, any issues you come across.

Spoiler

[ second post ] IPS Community Suite 4.1.13.1 was pushed to our site on Wednesday, July 6, 2016 (around 715a PDT). Check out the release notes here: https://invisionpower.com/release-notes/41131-r47/

Please continue to let us know your thoughts and of course, any issues you come across.

Spoiler

[ original post ] IPS Community Suite 4.1.13 was pushed to our site on Tuesday, July 5, 2016 (around 5a PDT). Check out the release notes here: https://invisionpower.com/release-notes/4113-r44/

Edited by msherwood
IPS Community Suite 4.1.13.2 was released

Update: the problem with external links *might* be fixed. It seemed to work OK just now here

Will monitor.

Thank you!!!

-----------------------------

New observation:  member profiles are no longer visible to forum guests????

(Win7/64, Firefox 47.0.1)

Steps to repro:

1. Click on a member's name or avatar as a GUEST.
  2. Expected behavior: user's profile would be visible.
  3. Observed behavior: blank page, no message or error dialog.

I know that different fora handle this differently.  At some, one must be logged in to see member profiles (and they generate a dialog, such as "you must log in to view this profile").  But here, and elsewhere, that has not been the case.

Was this a planned/intentional change?

<just curious>

UPDATE:

I think there is a bug on the forum main page.

I am logged in.

I am on the main page.

I click on this username at the bottom of the forum main page, listing online users: https://forums.malwarebytes.org/profile/176842-tahoe215/

I get a blank page.

Same problem if I click the profile link (username) in the "online users" tab of the main page.

All of this while being logged in.

So, this is not a "guest" thing. It appears to be something amiss with the profile links on the forum main page?

Will test a bit more, but can anyone else repro this?

1 minute ago, David H. Lipman said:

I can not see ANY profiles - period !

Same here.

It just started a little while ago, as I'm sure I viewed profiles OK an hour or so ago.

Seems to be a "global" problem with all user profiles, whether logged in or guest.

Thanks for confirming, Dave.

MAJOR glitch.

13 minutes ago, msherwood said:

IPS has identified the issues with the profiles and is deploying a fix momentarily. 

Fixed.

As well as Post ID numbering. The thread noted that was numbered incorrectly, now shows the correct procession of post numbers.

Dank je.

Edited by David H. Lipman

Update:

The "paste external link" issue is NOT resolved.

I made multiple unsuccessful attempts to paste this link: http://www.avg.com/us-en/utilities

...into the body of a reply here AFTER I had drafted the original response.

In other words, I typed and then highlighted and then selected for a link insertion the words "AVG Utilities" and I pasted the external link shown above into the URL field. When I pasted it, the link ended up not where it was supposed to be (in the body of the reply), but at the top of the window.

So, I just deleted it altogether. (It's confusing to have a link at the top of the reply, not in its correct place in the body of the reply.)

Sorry I  may not explain this very well, and I do not have a video to show this.  But it's quite reproducible and has been a persistent problem since the v4 upgrade, as yet unresolved.

It makes it hard to craft a post with an embedded external link.

Thanks

Yes.  I have to preprocess posts in Notepad so the URLs are sanitized for public safety and if the the Editor gets Borked, copy data out into another Forum Editor or if ASCII, Notepad.  Then close the Browser, go back to the sub-forum post or PM and try again.

It is extremely frustrating to say the least.

Edited by David H. Lipman

• Root Admin

Actually the loss of emails from Hotmail over and over sort, of put me into the mode of doing all my replies, edits in UltraEdit first and then copy/pasting. Don't do it always, but often as I got tired of losing emails before I'd finished a reply.

Edited by AdvancedSetup