loaded a Driver’s ?

hi there

I have been notice that most of security software’s / tools is do a loaded windows Driver’s in the normal mode but can’t loaded them up in the safe mode ? why ?

so dose MBAM loaded those windows Driver’s  ?

Edited by mrdodrop

Safe Mode is Windows minimal boot mode. Which means, only the bare minimum is being loaded on startup. Which means that third-party drivers, services, programs, etc. aren't started. This is so you can boot into Windows and work from it if you can't boot normally because of a third-party interference.

So following that logic (and I'm also sure it doesn't): no, Malwarebytes doesn't load any drivers in Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking and/or Safe Mode with Command Prompt.

For the record, in order to work properly, MBAM must be loaded and run in Windows Normal Mode in order to work correctly.

So, while you may be able open the program from Safe Mode, running it from Safe Mode would not be recommended.

If MBAM does not run in Normal Mode because of serious malware infection, then Chameleon or another strategy would probably be better than running the program from Safe Mode.

Thanks,

15 hours ago, daledoc1 said:

For the record, in order to work properly, MBAM must be loaded and run in Windows Normal Mode in order to work correctly.

So, while you may be able open the program from Safe Mode, running it from Safe Mode would not be recommended.

If MBAM does not run in Normal Mode because of serious malware infection, then Chameleon or another strategy would probably be better than running the program from Safe Mode.

Thanks,

I always used MBAM in the normal mode but you may know that I have a slowing scanning issue since MBAM version 2 which is took a lot of time for scanning the OS disk C : so some time I had to run the MBAM in safe mode for that reason and thanks for your Recommendations !