MBAE not working

louanna27

MBAE has not loaded at startup or restart several times over the past month.  I've restarted again this afternoon and the same notice comes up that the MalwareBytes Anti Exploit Protection is not started and the Anti Exploit process will be terminated. 

Any suggestions please?

Hi:

Until @pbust stops by, it would probably help to know a bit more about the system.

I suggest following the advice in this pinned topic: [README FIRST] >>> Posts here need to include MBAE logs <<<

Then, I would attach the requested MBAE and FRST logs to your next reply here in this thread.

They will help to determine the cause and possible solution for your issues.:)

Thanks,

Thank you daledoc1.

1.  Double clicking MBAE in All Programs will not display the interface or an icon.  Control Panel says V. 1.8.1.2563 .

2.  Farbar logs attached.

3.  Please tell me where to find the  "user data directory" so I can post it. 

4.  I apologize for not posting in one of the existing threads.

Thanks,
Louanna

EAM, MBAM Pro, MB Anti-Exploit Pro
HP g7-1310 Notebook - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit - Intel i3-2350M - 6 GB Ram

Addition.txt

FRST.txt

MBAE loaded properly this morning.

The only thing I see in Logs is "The VB scripting image has been blocked from loading in the browser".  This log entry began 11/23/2015 and has continued since that time.

I assume MBAE is working OK, but this has been happening for months now.

Let me know please if we need to investigate any further.

Thank you.

Hi:

Thanks for the info and the logs.  The MBAE logs are probably the ones that would be most helpful to sort out your issue.

To find and "zip" your MBAE logs, I suggest following the advice in step #3 of the pinned topic:

ZIP the entire contents (ALL the files, not just .LOG) of the MBAE user data directory and attach them to your post. The directory is hidden by default so you might have to click on "View -> Hidden items" in Explorer to see it. If you are replying to someone else's post, you can click the "More reply options" button at the end of the page to get the file attachment options. You can find the logs in the following locations:

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit

Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8: C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit

The directory in question may be "hidden" by default on your system. If you are not comfortable looking for or posting those logs, then you might want to:

1. Either wait for @pbust or another MBAE expert to assist you;
  2. Or, you may wish to cleanly reinstall MBAE -- THESE INSTRUCTIONS are for Win10, but they ought to work for Win 7, too.

Thanks for your patience,

Daledoc1,

I see #3 pinned instructions;  I do not know what is meant by all files in "MBAE user data directory".  My folder options are set for "Show all folders and drives."

Do you have a guess as to what files are in the MBAE "user data directory"?

8 minutes ago, louanna27 said:

Daledoc1,

I see #3 pinned instructions;  I do not know what is meant by all files in "MBAE user data directory".  My folder options are set for "Show all folders and drives."

Do you have a guess as to what files are in the MBAE "user data directory"?

Navigate to here: C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit

Then "zip" the contents of the folder.
To do that, RIGHT-click on the folder, then select "Send To" > Select "Send to compressed (zip) folder"
Save that zip file on your desktop.
Attach that zipped file to your next reply.

It contains information about MBAE and how it is (or is not working) that would assist the experts to troubleshoot your problem.
The information in those logs and folders would only be "readable" and useful for them -- there is nothing "private" or sensitive in them.

If you prefer not to upload the zipped MBAE program data files/folders, then I suggest please either waiting for @pbust to help you, or perhaps trying a clean MBAE reinstall.

Sorry for the trouble and confusion -- I was merely trying to expedite your getting help by asking you to post the information most likely needed/helpful for that process.:)

Thanks again for your patience and understanding.:)

Edited by daledoc1

• Staff

Thanks for the logs. Unfortunately they are incorrect. You've ZIP'ed C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit\ and the logs directory is C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit\.

Try checking for logs from your other security software to see if anything is blocking Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit from running.

Just to be clear, MBAE has been back up and running since Monday morning.  This event of not loading, even several times a day if I had to restart, has been occurring for several months, more often in the past two months.

Program Data zip is attached.

Emsisoft Anti-Malware shows nothing in logs/behavior blocker/quarantine etc. in relation to MBAE.  There is also nothing in the MBAM logs.

I apologize for the mistake in the zipped folder.

Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit.zip