unable to access the update server.

Kaspersky Global Site

Hi:

It seems that you have had this problem at least once before?

Your logs show a few things:

1. Your system needs a reboot after your recent reinstall of MBAM.
  2. You are running an older version of KTS (version 2015) that is NOT compatible with Win10.

I suggest the following for starters:

1. First, please reboot the computer.
  2. If that does not resolve your issue, then I suggest CLEANLY upgrading to KTS 2016, which is compatible with Win10.
    1. Upgrades are free during your valid license period.
    2. Given your past and ongoing problems, "best practices" would suggest the following steps:
      1. First, please make sure you have your license info for both KTS and MBAM handy.
      2. Download, but do NOT run yet the KTS installer from the global site -- see the very top of this post for the link,  or from the site in your country.
      3. Temporarily uninstall MBAM using the mbam-clean removal tool, and reboot when prompted.
      4. Exit from KTS protection from the system tray icon (and disable from the dashboard > settings > self-defense) and then uninstall KTS2015 from the Windows Control Panel, keeping ONLY license information (not settings).  Reboot when prompted.
      5. Run the KTS 2016 installer > activate (if needed) > update > reboot >update.
      6. Reinstall and reactivate MBAM.
      7. Set mutual exclusions between MBAM and KTS: please let us know when you get to that step and we will guide you through that.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank you,

1. 58 minutes ago, daledoc1 said:
    1. Hi:)
    2. Yes, once before  had this problem
    3. I Have the Chip Edition 2015 this is compatible with Win10. No Free upgrading
    4. Reboot Done
      Temporarily uninstall MBAM using the mbam-clean removal tool, Done 
      Reinstall and reactivate MBAM. Done all before 1 post
    5. Set mutual exclusions between MBAM and KTS: please let us know when you get to that step and we will guide you through that.
      excluded Malwarebyte folder in Kaspersky from scan
    7. Thank you,

Hi:

I'm not sure what you mean about "Chip Edition 2015".:(

KTS 2015 is NOT Win10-compatible. The only versions of KAV/KIS/KTS that fully support Win10 are KAV/KIS/KTS 2016, either MR0 (16.0.0.614) or MR1 (16.0.1.445).
Moreover, KAV/KIS/KTS 2015 are all in limited support now, regardless of the OS platform.
The 2016 versions are the only fully supported versions at this time.

As long as your license is valid, you may upgrade for free to the current, fully supported build.  A valid consumer license may be used on a "-1 to +3" basis.  For example, a 2016 license may be used on the following versions: 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019

Upgrading to the current version may or may not directly resolve your MBAM issue, but it would be a good idea, regardless.

If you prefer not to do so, then the attached screenshot shows how to add the KL folder to MBAM exclusions.
And the MBAM files to exclude in KTS are listed below.

Please let us know if this resolves your issue.

Thank you again,

------------------

Please exclude the following files from your Antivirus Software for your version of Windows:

For 32-bit versions of Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 & Windows 8 & Windows 10:

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamdor.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbampt.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamresearch.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamscheduler.exe

For 64-bit versions of Windows Vista, Windows 7 & Windows 8 & Windows 10:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamdor.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbampt.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamresearch.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware \mbamscheduler.exe

Note: If you are using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall, you'll need to exclude MBAM.EXE, MBAMSERVICE.EXE and MBAMRESEARCH.EXE from it, as well.

Note: Once that's done, please make sure that if either of those programs has any sort of web filter, that you add the following as a trusted site:

data-cdn.mbamupdates.com

221-Exclusions-2016-03-31_6-14-39.png

Hi:

Thanks for the info.  KTS 2015 may or may not have been patched for Win10 compatibility.  But it is 2 years old.

See here: https://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=344948

And KAV/KIS/KTS 2017 is already in testing.  KTS 2015 simply is not the most current build and long predates the release of Win10.
It may be contributing to your recurrent problems.

It is free to upgrade KTS from 2015 to 2016 if your license is valid.

But, as I mentioned, it's entirely up to you.
You have asked for help for the same problem at least twice.
We have tried to suggest steps to help you to resolve your issue.
And it's not guaranteed that the upgrade will resolve your MBAM update problems.

But support is a two-way street.

Alternatives would be to wait for a Malwarebytes staff member to assist you further here in the forum, or to open a ticket at the Help Desk for one-on-one support via email.:)
Perhaps they will have some additional advice to help you to resolve your recurrent problems with updating MBAM.:)

I apologize for not providing the solution you seek.

Thank you again,

17 minutes ago, Elektro said:

Hi,:)

Carbonite Folder not found

No Update

Forget about Carbonite.

The screen shot was taken from my own computer, which runs Carbonite.

The screen shot was meant to show the KL folder in the MBAM exclusions.

Sorry for the confusion.

5 minutes ago, Elektro said:

???

You may wish to add the URL for the MBAM updates cdn to the KTS firewall/web filter.
That may help MBAM to reach the update servers.

>> NOTE: Adding the mutual exclusions is NOT routinely necessary -- many users run both MBAM and KAV/KIS/KTS without them.  It is being suggested ONLY because you are experiencing issues.

Thank you,

10 minutes ago, Elektro said:

Hi,

No Free upgrade for Chip Edition

https://www.chip-kiosk.de/kaspersky-2016?gclid=COmI-vOBgM0CFY9uGwodaS0M9g

Sorry Only German

Thanks for the info - I am fluent in German (at least for reading, having lived in Freiburg im Breisgau many years ago), but I am not familiar with that particular web-site or whether it is an authorized reseller for KL products.
As a longtime KL user, I am not familiar with resellers or other vendors who do not offer version upgrades with a current license.  Upgrades have always been a KL policy.
If what you say is accurate about "chip-kiosk.de", then I guess you would have to pay for a new KTS 2016 license or you are stuck with 2015 for now.:(

In any event, as I mentioned, I suggest either waiting for a more expert person to assist you here, or opening a ticket at the Malwarebytes Help Desk for further assistance.

I am truly sorry I could not help you with your issue.

Thank you again,

9 minutes ago, Elektro said:

Hi, on a 2 PC is the same error
Windows 10 with Avast Antivirus and Windows Firewall.

If you have the same MBAM updating problem with 2 different computers (running 2 different AVs), then it may be even more confusing than it already is, trying to sort this out here in the forum.
There may be a problem with your ISP, networking, router, system configurations or licensing, just to name a few possibilities.

Under the circumstances, since you have multiple affected computers, it might be best to open a ticket at the Help Desk, for one-on-one assistance via email.

Thank you again,

Hi Elektro, 

On your machine running Kaspersky Total Security, please make the following adjustment to your Anti-Virus. Let us know how you get on. 

1) Open Settings.

7icYSg3.png

2) Click Additional.

tRZiQD1.png

3) Click Network.

Hfw6PAE.png

4) Ensure the Scan encrypted connections upon request from protection components option is checked.

HEgiiNz.png