Hello everyone,

I'm new here and I have been glad to find a lot of valuable information on The SafeMac blog and on the Malwarebytes Blog. 

I have recently heard of the XCodeGhost malware that hit the AppleStore, I checked the list of infected apps and found one app that I had installed. Like an idiot I instantly started it to hope to see the version to match it with the one in the list...

Anyway, I would like to clean up my iPhone and Backups before resetting all my passwords.

However with the iPhone backups and all, I'm not sure how to proceed. It's the first time that I have to deal with something like that.

1) If I reset to factory settings, I plan on re-downloading manually all my apps. However, how can I make sure that I can import back from a backup my contacts without bringing back the malware through the backup restoration process ? 

2) Is there any valuable clean up guide recommeded for this malware ? I searched the forum for "xcodeghost" but found nothing. 

3) If I decide to reset the iphone to factory settings and not restore a backup, besides my photos and contacts what else will I effectively loose ? 

Numbered list just because I talk too much, thanks a lot for any help you can give me !