High-severity bugs in 25 Symantec/Norton products imperil millions

pondus

• 1 month later...
On 6/29/2016 at 10:07 AM, Aura said:

Is it me or Symantec has been dropping the ball a lot recently with critical vulnerabilities? I would rather go with Kaspersky or ESET for corporate product solution now. Symantec and McAfee's time are over in my book.

I found the following statement in the second link posted by pondus 

http://arstechnica.com/security/2016/06/25-symantec-products-open-to-wormable-attack-by-unopened-e-mail-or-links/

Tuesday's advisory is only the latest to underscore game-over vulnerabilities found in widely available antivirus packages. Although the software is often considered a mandatory part of a good security regimen—on Windows systems, at least—their installation often has the paradoxical consequence of opening a computer to attacks that otherwise wouldn't be possible. Over the past five years, Ormandy in particular has exposed a disturbingly high number of such flaws in security software from companies including Comodo, Eset, Kaspersky, FireEye, McAfee, Trend Micro, and others.

Both Kaspersky and Eset are listed. I think with all these A/V products are damned if we do and damned if we don't.